Wisconsin "May have separated from the rest of the West"

I think Wisconsin's schedule is very favorable. Many will agree they have the best chance to win the west division because of this including their overall consistency, etc. That being said if we beat them and I think we have a good chance doing so, along with the other teams in the West , then I will feel much better about our team than last year. Ohio State and Penn state could be the two losses that eliminate us from being the west division champion. 

Wisconsin has Michigan at home and us away as their toughest matchups IMO. We are on a razor's edge. Stray a little either way and we will not win the division.

• Plus1 1

Until we have score board on them, we need to shut the F up.  They have basically owned us and put some of the worst beatings on us in our history.  Respect them,  they are a tremendous foe, that has proven, that they reload and keep coming at you. 

You have to play the games,  and I am glad we have them at home this year.  I think it will be a hard fought battle, and do not see it ever being easy.  It hasn't been so far, more just the opposite for them.  We ran our mouths about we would destroy them when we came to the Big, well we see how that has turned out. 

I admire how every year they step up and play the game.  I never count them out. 

• Plus1 3
7 hours ago, skersfan said:

Until we have score board on them, we need to shut the F up.  They have basically owned us and put some of the worst beatings on us in our history.  Respect them,  they are a tremendous foe, that has proven, that they reload and keep coming at you. 

You have to play the games,  and I am glad we have them at home this year.  I think it will be a hard fought battle, and do not see it ever being easy.  It hasn't been so far, more just the opposite for them.  We ran our mouths about we would destroy them when we came to the Big, well we see how that has turned out. 

I admire how every year they step up and play the game.  I never count them out. 

Amen brother

• Plus1 2
7 hours ago, skersfan said:

Who exactly are you saying needs to shut the f#*k up?

i don't see anyone disrespecting their program. 

Wisconsin is a safe bet because they drew Iowa's schedule somehow.

That's like 99% of the reason the BTN guys are swinging from their nuts.  They want to look smart when the dust settles.

Head-to-head we matched up pretty evenly with them the last 2 years.  If we failed to improve more than them after adding an NFL QB and a top defensive coordinator, that's going to be a problem for Riley.

• Plus1 5
7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's like 99% of the reason the BTN guys are swinging from their nuts.  They want to look smart when the dust settles.

Head-to-head we matched up pretty evenly with them the last 2 years.  If we failed to improve more than them after adding an NFL QB and a top defensive coordinator, that's going to be a problem for Riley.

It is actually a little tougher than Iowa's in 2015.  They play Michigan at home.  Iowa played no one tough on the east side.  

I don't think it is just the schedule.  I  think they really feel Wisconsin is a playoff contender.   

• Plus1 1

I think it's both really.  They are as consistent of a team as you can bet on.  Their offense isn't flashy bit it gets results and their defense is dependable.  Add that with an incredibly favoravle schedule and they could easily run the table without losing anyone along the way and win a Big Ten title and earn a playoff berth.

Give them our schedule and I bet those predictions start to change a little bit.  All they really have to do is beat Michigan at home and a loss to us on the road doesn't disqualify them from contention.  Vice versa.  Their toughest game would be the title game rematch with Michigan or a probable loss to Ohio State.

13 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Wisconsin doesn't have the QB play to be a playoff contender. They would be a contender if Russell Wilson showed up on campus with eligibility left imo. Pretty much every playoff team thus far has had great play from the QB spot save Bama 

I agree, Hornibrook really needs to take a big step forward to make them that good.  I also think their defense takes a little step backwards. Just enough that they are giving up 3-4 more points a game, which could mean a couple of loses in close games. 

Bama's QB's get a bad rap.  They are always good players.  They just rarely have to do anything spectacular to win a game.  

9 hours ago, skersfan said:

We Do have the scoreboard.  It is called 5 NC trophies.  NU will have 6 before Wisconsin has 1 NCAA.  You watch.  When Alvarez (Husker) is out of the picture, Wisconsin football is gonna tank back to complete obscurity.  NU will still be in the hunt.  Check it:  It has been so long since NU has won a title that a whole generation has never seen it.  But we still get 8 times more fans than Wisconsin at spring game attendance.  THAT is what winning multiple NCs and being at the top for 4 decades does for you.  THAT is a program.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Completely agree Dude. Add this in with bringing back the majority of our offensive and defensive lines should equate well. If it doesn't, I agree it could be a problem for Riley.

1 hour ago, dvdcrr said:

We Do have the scoreboard.  It is called 5 NC trophies.  NU will have 6 before Wisconsin has 1 NCAA.  You watch.  When Alvarez (Husker) is out of the picture, Wisconsin football is gonna tank back to complete obscurity.  NU will still be in the hunt.  Check it:  It has been so long since NU has won a title that a whole generation has never seen it.  But we still get 8 times more fans than Wisconsin at spring game attendance.  THAT is what winning multiple NCs and being at the top for 4 decades does for you.  THAT is a program.

(1) Does this even matter?

(2) Nebraska has a great program, as does Wisconsin.  Both teams rank No. 15 and No. 16 nationally, in terms of value, and each home stadium is routinely among the most-attended in the country.  Both programs are fortunate to have large Athletic Departments, with Wisconsin ranking No. 11 (No. 3 B1G) in Total Revenue and Nebraska ranking No. 22 (No. 8 B1G).

Playoff contender means you have the ability to get to the playoff. Wisconsin is absolutely a contender. You combine their recent success with the schedule this year, and I'd absolutely have them on the list of teams that could make it.

It's a far cry from the 2015 smoke and mirrors Iowa team.

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, The Dude said:

ya because when they were beating us the last 2 yrs  they had an nfl qb and a top DC  errrrrrr oops no they didn't