2017 Season Prediction Thread

Mavric

Husker 2017 Record  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Huskers 2017 regular season record be?

2. 2. Which games with the Huskers win?

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The percentages for the individual games looks wrong. I think 100% of voters predicted a Husker win compared to the reported 15%.

The percentages for multi-vote polls have always been odd.  It's calculating the percentage of total votes that went to that team.  

So if the first person voted for 10 wins, each of the 10 would show 10% of the vote.

I predicted 10-2 but that is if tanner plays all 12 games of the season healthy. If he goes down for a game or two it could cost us an extra loss. I don't see us doing better than 10-2 and in the CCG, most people on here would be ecstatic for that. Best case is 10-2 and a rematch against osu or psu in the CCG, never want to play a team twice in the year. I also have us losing to psu and osu, but Oregon and Minnesota to me are toss ups. Think this is the year we get over that hump against Iowa and I think we get favorable calls and play really well to beat Wiscy, if we play with the intensity like last year we beat Wisconsin. Anything less than a 9 win regular season will be a disappointment in my eyes.

Top 5 teams we play

Ohio state, Penn State, Wisonsin, Oregon, Iowa

record 3-2

The other 7 teams

Minnesota, Northwestern, Illinois, Purdue, Northern Illinois, Rutgers, Arkansas State

record 7-0

Ranked those teams from toughest to easiest going from left to right.

As long as they get their stuff together right out of the gate, and stay pretty healthy, I said 10-2. 

It seems like a huge leap considered the change on defense, at QB, lots of reliable receivers gone, same questions about the OL, the schedule, and using a RB committee.  But if last year's team could gobble up 9 wins then... 

I really don't think there is a middle ground.  It's either 10 wins or 7 including bowl. 

I hated picking 9-3. While not a bad season it seems to be our ceiling as of late......Still too many question marks for the team.

I picked losses to Oregon, Penn State and Ohio state. 

Oregon is the tough choice IMO. I picked us to lose because I hate drinking too much Kool aid. My expectations have been too high over the years and I have been beaten down. 

They finished 126 in total defense last year, giving up 41.4 points per game. Leavitt did an amazing job at Colorado, but this will be a work in progress starting year one. Will Diaco open up his bag of tricks with this game? I really think so. It will be an extremely interesting matchup!

Coach Taggert is also a question mark in my opinion. He has RB Freeman back which is not a good omen. I think this game is almost too close to call. I picked a loss , but who can really predict this games outcome right now?

I selected 10-2 for record but picked 11 games (all but tOSU). Just couldn't decide on which other game we might drop. PSU would be a logical choice but we could be on a pretty good roll by then and I just don't find them all that dominating. Really, if we play as well as I think we might be capable, tOSU may not be out of the question but given our performance in recent years, I just couldn't go full Kool-Aid.

3 hours ago, Norhusker said:

I hated picking 9-3. While not a bad season it seems to be our ceiling as of late......Still too many question marks for the team.

I picked losses to Oregon, Penn State and Ohio state. 

Oregon is the tough choice IMO. I picked us to lose because I hate drinking too much Kool aid. My expectations have been too high over the years and I have been beaten down. 

They finished 126 in total defense last year, giving up 41.4 points per game. Leavitt did an amazing job at Colorado, but this will be a work in progress starting year one. Will Diaco open up his bag of tricks with this game? I really think so. It will be an extremely interesting matchup!

Coach Taggert is also a question mark in my opinion. He has RB Freeman back which is not a good omen. I think this game is almost too close to call. I picked a loss , but who can really predict this games outcome right now?

Freeman is a stud.  If he doesn't go down in the game last year he ends up with 200 yards and probably 3 scores.  I won't be shocked to see him run wild this year.

Arkansas State - W. I wouldn't be surprised if this game is a little closer than expected throughout, but I do think Nebraska covers. 

Oregon - W. We catch them early in the season before Taggart can really get them going. 

Northern Illinois - W. Looking for potentially another close game here for awhile. 

Rutgers - W. Next. 

Illinois - W. Friday night lights! I don't expect this to go nearly as poorly as our last trip to Champaign. 

Wisconsin - L. I really want to think this is the year Riley gets over the hump against Wisky, but that D is going to be stout. Bigly helpful that this is a home game. 

Ohio State - L. I don't think it will be the bloodbath it was a year ago, but we don't match up well enough with OSU well....yet. 

Purdue - W. As long as Ryker Fyfe doesn't have to play, we should be good. 

Northwestern - W. They always play tough; better not need a Hail Mary for this one. 

Minnesota - W. "Burn the Boats" would be an apt description here. 

Penn State - L. Barkley is certified; if he's healthy, this will be tough. 

Iowa - W. God damn it, we'd better win this one. 

Regular season: 9-3. I think we finish second in the West barring any shenanigans with Wisconsin. 

• Enhance featured and unfeatured this topic