Hello All!

Wow!  New updated board!  However, in the transition I was unable to get in!  So frustrated!  However, BIG shout out to the admin on Huskerboard on Facebook.  They took care of me!  

So excited for Husker Football to start!  GO BIG RED!!!!

• Plus1 1

Hey!  You'll like it even more if you poke around ... I get the status by clicking on "Browse" and it then  looks like the old home page.

I'd poke around your profile page and settings. I think I had to enable status updates there before could do it. There's also a bunch of good tips and advice in a couple of the related topics 8n the board feedback forum.

For some reason several members had the setting for status updates turned off.  I re-enabled yours.

Are you good with this login or do you want to go back to/merge with your previous @ladyhawke user?

Also, I'm going to move this to the Board Feedback forum once I know you've seen it.

Mavric, I would like my original login before the board was changed  Thanks!  Thanks guys for all the information about the new board features! I appreciate it.

Guys, please be aware that you now login with your display name. Before the upgrade, it was your username; if you had a name change that was your display name being changed. So while it's messed with people's logins some, display name should be easier to remember, hopefully :-)

• Plus1 1

I'm having trouble with the 'status update' (side bar conversation). I submit my message but it isn't showing up. What am I doing wron? Thanks in advance for your help!

Sorry, I forgot about this.  I merged your new account into your old account so you should use your old account now.

And you should be able to post status updates.

Let me know if you have trouble.

It seems to be an issue on mobile devices.  I don't get it on any desktop machine but it does it on my phone and iPad.  Since it seems to be skin-related I'm hopeful they'll get it fixed in a later version.  We have a small version update to do but were putting it off until the end of the season/coaching search.  Not sure if that will fix it or not but we'll try to get that updated shortly.

@Mavric It still does it to me on my desktop. Seems to only be really bad when there are a ton of tweets on a page, like when I post a bunch of uniform updates or other threads like that

• Plus1 1

Just now, GSG said:

@Mavric It still does it to me on my desktop. Seems to only be really bad when there are a ton of tweets on a page, like when I post a bunch of uniform updates or other threads like that

What OS/Browser?

Just now, Mavric said:

What OS/Browser?

I think we're on Windows 7 and just upgraded to Firefox Quantum

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Do you have Chrome on that box?

I do but that's what all my work stuff is tied to. I can still try it out

1 hour ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Anyone else still having the issue of twitter loadtime lagging and the screen scrolling up and down as each image loads?

The old board did that constantly and drove me nuts. Since the board upgrade, the page loads fine. I'm running Chrome on Ubuntu.

EDIT: My android phone doesn't have any problems either.

Edited by RedDenver

I don't notice it on Chrome :dunno 

I've grown used to it a little. I usually have multiple tabs open all the time, so I open a thread and go to another tab while it loads. I really like the line that appears to show where the new posts start so I can just scroll back to where it is.

Hmmmmm. I primarily use my iPhone then Firefox on a Mac. Will try chrome. Bummer that it doesn’t work well across all platforms. 

I agree the line is nice but especially on my phone it’s tough with all the bouncing around because some posts are so large you only get one on your screen.

33 minutes ago, GSG said:

I don't notice it on Chrome :dunno 

I've grown used to it a little. I usually have multiple tabs open all the time, so I open a thread and go to another tab while it loads. I really like the line that appears to show where the new posts start so I can just scroll back to where it is.

Yeah, the line is really helpful.

The problem seems to be pretty browser-specific.  Obviously Chrome desktop handles it fine but other desktop browsers down.  But Chrome on my iPad jumps around.

As @RedDenver noted, it used to do it all the time on the previous board version.  So it's been partially fixed.  Hopefully it will continue to get better in future versions.

@Mavric

Not sure if this is the right thread but for some reason, I can only see a portion of a tweet and not the full thing. It just started happening so it may just be a glitch, just wanted to put this out there.

56 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

@Mavric

Not sure if this is the right thread but for some reason, I can only see a portion of a tweet and not the full thing. It just started happening so it may just be a glitch, just wanted to put this out there.

Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times.  It seems to be related to when the board is bogged down with traffic and things don't load correctly. 

If it continues, please let us know.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, I've seen this happen a few times.  It seems to be related to when the board is bogged down with traffic and things don't load correctly. 

If it continues, please let us know.

I saw some tweets and they look fine. It was in the basketball section of the board where it was the worst. If that helps any, the main forum and recruiting have looked fine.

I'm going to go on record saying this last board update sucks. The latest recruit info is pinned in two places and if you touch anywhere near it, that's where it takes you. The one directly below the home tab is particularly annoying. I use the home tab a lot but for the last couple of days I've been taken to the Mills signing notice....about 20 times.  Plus the boxes are more pink than red. No like. And personally I would rather have the next game info located at the top right position rather than some hokey looking megaphone.

• Plus1 1

11 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm going to go on record saying this last board update sucks. The latest recruit info is pinned in two places and if you touch anywhere near it, that's where it takes you. The one directly below the home tab is particularly annoying. I use the home tab a lot but for the last couple of days I've been taken to the Mills signing notice....about 20 times.  Plus the boxes are more pink than red. No like. And personally I would rather have the next game info located at the top right position rather than some hokey looking megaphone.

Are you on mobile?  I haven't looked at the new version on mobile much yet.

There are more options for where to do the Announcements now.  I was just trying some of them out to see how they look.  I can get rid of one of them if it is causing a problem.  Or see if I can disable one of them on the mobile version.

• Plus1 1

45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Are you on mobile?  I haven't looked at the new version on mobile much yet.

There are more options for where to do the Announcements now.  I was just trying some of them out to see how they look.  I can get rid of one of them if it is causing a problem.  Or see if I can disable one of them on the mobile version.

No, I always use the desktop version. It’s just that the one announcement is directly below the home tab. Maybe it’s just me and my fat fingers but I’ve hit it accidentally numerous times in the last few days.

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

No, I always use the desktop version. It’s just that the one announcement is directly below the home tab. Maybe it’s just me and my fat fingers but I’ve hit it accidentally numerous times in the last few days.

1nty4l.jpg

• Plus1 6

This has nothing to do with the update, but for the last 8-10-12 some odd months I cant post status updates.

I can respond to others.

Now, this is probably a good thing for everyone not to have to read my rantings/ravings.

I have been too lazy to mention it.

34 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This has nothing to do with the update, but for the last 8-10-12 some odd months I cant post status updates.

I can respond to others.

Now, this is probably a good thing for everyone not to have to read my rantings/ravings.

I have been too lazy to mention it.

You can now  :thumbs

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

You can now  :thumbs

Was I on timeout?

Thanks for unleashing my voice... I assume I will do something to screw it up and lose the privilege fairly quickly.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Was I on timeout?

Thanks for unleashing my voice... I assume I will do something to screw it up and lose the privilege fairly quickly.

When the board took the major upgrade last year, there were a bunch of users that had that disabled.  I've never figured out why or what the common link is.  In their user settings it says the user is supposed to be able to re-enable it but it's easier for me to just jump into the Admin side and enable it.

• Plus1 1

I paid Saunders $20 to disable Minnesota's ability to make Status Updates. Gonna go ask for a refund now...

• Plus1 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

So, apparently, all of the new reactions count as +1s, but there's options now (thanks, Mav!). 

Your choices are:  Thanks, Haha, Confused, Sad and Upvote.

I don't think you see anything other than a number next to the upvote thing, which shows how many reactions your post got.

23 hours ago, knapplc said:

I paid Saunders $20 to disable Minnesota's ability to make Status Updates. Gonna go ask for a refund now...

I was so lazy it took me like 10 months to mention it.... So I mean, you got like 10 months of silence and that is worth more than $20.

If my wife was guaranteed 10 months of my silence she would pay far more than $20.

The recent update also broke the Content Types dropdown for Status Updates. I used to view the status updates that way, but now no make what's selected in the dropdown, only topics are displayed.

49 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So, apparently, all of the new reactions count as +1s, but there's options now (thanks, Mav!). 

Your choices are:  Thanks, Haha, Confused, Sad and Upvote.

I don't think you see anything other than a number next to the upvote thing, which shows how many reactions your post got.

Thanks, Haha and Upvote give the poster one reputation point - just like +1 used to.  

Confused and Sad are neutral (no rep points)

Am I correct in assuming that most members can still only see the number of rep points on a post?  You can't see whether it's a Haha, Thanks, etc?

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The recent update also broke the Content Types dropdown for Status Updates. I used to view the status updates that way, but now no make what's selected in the dropdown, only topics are displayed.

I'm not following where you are seeing this.  I'll try to look at it if you can give me some more details.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Am I correct in assuming that most members can still only see the number of rep points on a post?  You can't see whether it's a Haha, Thanks, etc?

Yep.  I can't see what's been done to my posts, just a number.

I wonder if I would see anything if I received a "confused" or "sad" reaction. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yep.  I can't see what's been done to my posts, just a number.

I wonder if I would see anything if I received a "confused" or "sad" reaction. 

Wonder no longer

• Plus1 2

20 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not following where you are seeing this.  I'll try to look at it if you can give me some more details.

Go to the Unread Content page, try any of the dropdowns from Content Types. Before the recent update, selecting Status Updates, for example, and then Apply would show all the status updates. Now nothing on the page changes.

2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Go to the Unread Content page, try any of the dropdowns from Content Types. Before the recent update, selecting Status Updates, for example, and then Apply would show all the status updates. Now nothing on the page changes.

Yeah, there must be a glitch in there.  When I selected Status Updates I was still getting other stuff as well.  However, when I click the switch for Expanded/Condenced or simply selected Status Updates then refreshed the page, it seemed to work.

• Thanks 1