I did find this message below the setting that requires a password for the Shed:

When enabled, users who have permission to access the forum will need to provide the password. Users who do not have permission to access the forum will not be prompted for the password. The password applies only to this forum, if this forum has subforums, the password will not be required for them.
Topics posted in a password protected forum will not show in any sidebar, header or footer blocks, and notifications for new topics and posts will not be sent.

I don't know if this has changed since a previous version but it sounds like it might have.  I don't see a way to over-ride this.  It appears to be the (new?) built-in setting.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

It appears to be the (new?) built-in setting

That's the way of the internet the past ten years. There are a lot of changes to a lot of sites, software and stuff, some of them good but some of them inexplicably dumb.

I usually use Firefox and it's less useful today after multiple upgrades than it was five years ago. Same with my computer's OS, same with the forum software of several sites I use.

The internet was a better, more useful thing before. It's getting worse, not better.

On 9/12/2018 at 11:44 AM, Mavric said:

All the graphics that are missing are ones that I have hosted on Imgur.

That's against Imgur's Terms of Service, BTW: "Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network."

On 9/15/2018 at 1:31 AM, Toe said:

"Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network."

Nearly every graphic I post on HuskerBoard is hosted on Imgur. If that's their policy, I'm violating it, too.

@knapplc I'm pretty sure it's more the site itself that they're concerned with, not user content. They provide BBCode for their images, after all. I think it's more like if the forum had a feature to upload images straight to Imgur solely for display on this site, that would be against their rules.

• 2 weeks later...

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth copying here:

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I’m starting to think my request for rolleyes was a bad idea. I have used it occasionally but it’s being used for confusing reasons. E.g. @StPaulHusker replied “fair enough” to me and got a rolleyes for it.

That's why I keep saying that forums like this are better off with just a +1 button and no others. It's also simpler, I mean, we've got separate buttons for +1, upvote, thank you, and haha. But if you think about it, a single +1 or like button is enough to cover all four of those - it just says 'I liked that'. Keep it simple, stupid. Meanwhile, what good does having negative reactions like an eyeroll do, really? To me, it's little more than a passive-aggressive source of tension and drama - it's not like we need more of that. Plus it also leads to 'what did I do to deserve that?' moments like the case you mentioned.

21 hours ago, Toe said:

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth copying here:

That's why I keep saying that forums like this are better off with just a +1 button and no others. It's also simpler, I mean, we've got separate buttons for +1, upvote, thank you, and haha. But if you think about it, a single +1 or like button is enough to cover all four of those - it just says 'I liked that'. Keep it simple, stupid. Meanwhile, what good does having negative reactions like an eyeroll do, really? To me, it's little more than a passive-aggressive source of tension and drama - it's not like we need more of that. Plus it also leads to 'what did I do to deserve that?' moments like the case you mentioned.

Maybe just make the reactions no longer anonymous - then you'll know who reacted how and it keeps the simplicity of me just giving a quick reaction instead of a one or two word post in response.

• Haha 1
17 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Maybe just make the reactions no longer anonymous - then you'll know who reacted how and it keeps the simplicity of me just giving a quick reaction instead of a one or two word post in response. 

That just gave a few posters heart palpitations. 

• Haha 1