On 10/1/2018 at 4:36 PM, Toe said:

I posted this in another thread, but I think it's worth copying here:

That's why I keep saying that forums like this are better off with just a +1 button and no others. It's also simpler, I mean, we've got separate buttons for +1, upvote, thank you, and haha. But if you think about it, a single +1 or like button is enough to cover all four of those - it just says 'I liked that'. Keep it simple, stupid. Meanwhile, what good does having negative reactions like an eyeroll do, really? To me, it's little more than a passive-aggressive source of tension and drama - it's not like we need more of that. Plus it also leads to 'what did I do to deserve that?' moments like the case you mentioned.

I hate it. just go back to +1

• Plus1 2
  • 1 month later...

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Can we please go back to square avatars?  This can be accomplished by modifying custom.css with a simple code.  Thanks!

Voice your grievances Knapp!

1. The current oval avatar placard, cuts off part of images.

2. Knapp’s, x-mas hats don’t fit.

3. Because!

FIFY :worship

On 10/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, RedDenver said:

Maybe just make the reactions no longer anonymous - then you'll know who reacted how and it keeps the simplicity of me just giving a quick reaction instead of a one or two word post in response.

This is a great idea. You wouldn’t need to go back in time, but going forward, I suspect it would solve all sorts of issues. Get rid of anything not related to plus 1, as its just a filler, unless you opted to bring in a negative 1, and show those as well. 

• 7 months later...

We could have more. We don't use the "Like" reaction:

XlE3hKh.png

Or the generic upvote reaction:

Ufyi3Oh.png

And, of course, we can't use the generic downvote because we know that would go over like a lead balloon:

L0hem5N.png

Oddly, did you know the trophy icon is intended to be a "Thanks?" I did not know that.

G1LqSMS.png

I pretty much use the +1 (like above) for responses. Rarely the Upvote (the other +1) because it's so much work to click and slide my cursor over to the other one. No time for that!

I use the laughing one when something makes me laugh, and I use the trophy (Thanks) for exceptionally good points/posts.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

Jesus @Mavric, do we need a Marvel Phase 4 thread and threads for every single individual marvel phase 4 movie, and then calendar events for every single volleyball game (do people use or look at the huskerboard calendar?) cluttering up the new content page

Yes, we did.

And going forward, you can simply address me as Mavric.  The Jesus isn't necessary.

• Haha 4
  • 3 weeks later...