Your plans for the first game?

43 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

jsneb83 has offered me cash money to club the knees of a certain bride but that seems a little extreme.

The thing is my cousin is the bride. She isn't the only one in her family to do this, either. Her brother got married the day of the Purdue game last year. I had tickets to that game so unfortunately I missed the wedding :lol:

• Plus1 2
8 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

The last opener I went to was Wyoming in 2013. It was hotter than all hell when tailgating, and then even hotter in East Stadium during the game (100 degrees). We also thought it would be fun to keep the game close and won by 3. Haven't gone to an opener since.

My man!  We set up our spot for that game and about an hour in we left and hit the bars because it was so hot.  Even the bars were so freaking hot, the AC could not keep up with the heat and the doors opening and closing.  I had major swamp-ass that day.

• Plus1 1

Sometimes the people that don't post in this thread make me go...Hmmmmmm.  I mean, come on!  This should be a no-brainer.  Post what you are doing!

Also...to the poster that mentioned Barry's...now there is a chance I head down to Lincoln for some pre-game fun.  Barry's is a freaking blast!

58 minutes ago, jsneb83 said:

The thing is my cousin is the bride. She isn't the only one in her family to do this, either. Her brother got married the day of the Purdue game last year. I had tickets to that game so unfortunately I missed the wedding :lol:

I feel for ya. I've got a niece getting married on the day of the Purdue game this year. At least she picked an away game....and Purdue. Woulda killed me to travel to Nebraska with a home game and not be able to go.

• Plus1 1

Breakdown of Friday night HS game at 8am.....done by 11 to start the college day.

As Redux mentioned the FSU/Bama game.

I typically wouldn't care to watch it since it's first week, but because of the possibility of Bama/FSU playing week 1 and then again in the national title game would be very interesting to see the progress the loser has made.

As for the topic.

My parents are coming up to see the grandchild so we are grilling burgers and the like for the game. I'll have 3 tv's going. Bama/FSU on at the bar downstairs. NU game on the main tv and Oregon on the upstairs tv. All of which will be DVR'd because I want to be able to watch all 3 in depth.

1 minute ago, Coach Power'T said:

Breakdown of Friday night HS game at 8am.....done by 11 to start the college day.

I typically wouldn't care to watch it since it's first week, but because of the possibility of Bama/FSU playing week 1 and then again in the national title game would be very interesting to see the progress the loser has made.

As for the topic.

My parents are coming up to see the grandchild so we are grilling burgers and the like for the game. I'll have 3 tv's going. Bama/FSU on at the bar downstairs. NU game on the main tv and Oregon on the upstairs tv. All of which will be DVR'd because I want to be able to watch all 3 in depth.

This  post has my blood boiling!

2 minutes ago, Coach Power'T said:

As for the topic.

I am so glad that I don't have to break down film!  You are a better man!