Your plans for the first game?

My son has some interest in the Huskers but hasn't been all that willing to watch football (he's 6). I'm hoping to lure him in with an offer of a late bedtime if he watches the game with me.

I was going to do a brisket but plans fell through, so I'll be grilling burgers, having brewskies, and watching on TV. I think it's a 90 Shilling kind of weekend.

Sounds like we're hooking up the boat, grabbing guns,  and running it up to my buddy's in-laws' farm. We're going to kill as much air as possible trying to shoot at doves before zipping over to the lake and trying to find the walleye again. The key is being home in time for the game.

20 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Hunting teal/doves early Saturday morning and then getting ready for our annual 12 hour fish fry.  I am feeding 50-60 people all day long... starting with the Iowa Wyoming game.  Can't wait!

All signs are pointing to a great day.  I scouted teal this morning- had 26 come in to my little private pond between 6:30 and 6:45am.  Should have a limit of birds early!  The plan is to shoot enough teal to be able to serve duck poppers for the Oregon game:)!  

Quick recipe-  Soak teal breasts in salt water 12-24 hours.  Cut green peppers into quarters (about the same size as the teal breasts).  Apply cream cheese to the inside of the green pepper slices.  Lay the teal breast on the cream cheese.  Lay a slice of jalapeno on top of the teal and then wrap in bacon.  Slow cook in the smoker until done- game day favorite for years at our place.  Especially so while playing the ducks!

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

My son has some interest in the Huskers but hasn't been all that willing to watch football (he's 6). I'm hoping to lure him in with an offer of a late bedtime if he watches the game with me.

What worked with my little man was getting him to just focus on the quarterback rather than understanding the whole game.  I would bet him on each play whether it would be a pass or a rush.  That kept him interested for a little while, anyway.