Huskerboard's Politics & Religion Guidelines

Enhance

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

And there is always the last, ultimate option.

Politics and Religion forum........

200.gif

It's been talked about in the past but, ultimately, I'm not a fan of it. We've also had suggested mandating a password plus a minimum post limit (the latter is a more recent suggestion). The latter would have also eliminated quite a few issues we had in the last 18 months or so.

25 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's been talked about in the past but, ultimately, I'm not a fan of it. We've also had suggested mandating a password plus a minimum post limit (the latter is a more recent suggestion). The latter would have also eliminated quite a few issues we had in the last 18 months or so.

Honestly, I'd hate to see it go away also but some days, many recently, it seems like a viable option. I just wish it wasn't such a focal point of the board for some. It used to be a fairly significant attraction for me. I've just become fed up with it being little more than a forum to complain about Trump. Probably warranted but man does it get old.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, JJ Husker said:

I just wish it wasn't such a focal point of the board for some.

FWIW, I'm with you. It takes up more time than it should and for a variety of reasons.

The tough thing is that most board members, particularly our more seasoned members, handle it quite well because they're familiar with the rules. It's also a good off season forum. We tend to have way more problems with newer members. And, for whatever reason recently, we've garnered membership from people whose sole purpose is to debate P&R. A lot of those people don't seem to be that interested in honest debate, either, which leads to accusations of sock accounts. We've uncovered many sock accounts this way, too.

• Plus1 3

Went ahead and made the OP much more concise. Some of the info. in the OP was two years old and specifically tied into the football season, and we now take a more broad approach to P&R limitations.

Hopefully, this new format is easier to parse through and understand.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

While I am under no delusion that anyone will miss me in there or notice I am gone.  Nor do I want to just go echo what everyone has already said a dozen times before I read threads in the football forum just to up a counter.  So just let me say it seems a bit arbitrary, the 250 post count, so you earned yourself an eye-roll Enhance, as I'm not above shooting the messenger(a passive aggressive emote that is). ;)