Huskerboard's Politics & Religion Guidelines

Enhance

1 hour ago, methodical said:

While I am under no delusion that anyone will miss me in there or notice I am gone.  Nor do I want to just go echo what everyone has already said a dozen times before I read threads in the football forum just to up a counter.  So just let me say it seems a bit arbitrary, the 250 post count, so you earned yourself an eye-roll Enhance, as I'm not above shooting the messenger(a passive aggressive emote that is). ;)

While it does have unintended consequences for people like you endeavor to engage in meaningful conversation, I think the post limit is a good rule.

19 hours ago, methodical said:

While I am under no delusion that anyone will miss me in there or notice I am gone.  Nor do I want to just go echo what everyone has already said a dozen times before I read threads in the football forum just to up a counter.  So just let me say it seems a bit arbitrary, the 250 post count, so you earned yourself an eye-roll Enhance, as I'm not above shooting the messenger(a passive aggressive emote that is). ;)

The figure was debated among the leadership team so using 'arbitrary' as an adjective here is lacking in context. 250 posts is enough activity to act as a hindrance to someone who wants to join the board and violate board rules in P&R. But, it's within grasp of someone who wants to be a consistent contributor, and it gives us an opportunity to gauge how that person may behave as a board member in general.

And speaking personally, and not on behalf of the leadership team, I don't think this is the appropriate board to join if the main interest is to discuss P&R.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, Enhance said:

The figure was debated among the leadership team so using 'arbitrary' as an adjective here is lacking in context. 250 posts is enough activity to act as a hindrance to someone who wants to join the board and violate board rules in P&R. But, it's within grasp of someone who wants to be a consistent contributor, and it gives us an opportunity to gauge how that person may behave as a board member in general.

And speaking personally, and not on behalf of the leadership team, I don't think this is the appropriate board to join if the main interest is to discuss P&R.

I think you're making a leap there, personally. The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally. I read it to stay current on what is going on and what I would add, would there be anything I felt compelled to, has usually already been said.  Where as P&R was interesting discussions with less of the same views as me.

• Plus1 2
40 minutes ago, methodical said:

The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally.

Unfortunately, there's no way to grandfather a user or make exceptions. It's either all or nothing.

And to be clear, this isn't intended to be a slight against low-post users who approach the forum rationally, although it is a consequence we're willing to accept. It's the direct result of multiple violations from newer users. So, although I don't understand why someone would join the board to primarily post in P&R, it's mostly irrelevant to the larger issue which is people joining Huskerboard for the apparent purpose of breaking board rules in P&R.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, methodical said:

I think you're making a leap there, personally. The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally. I read it to stay current on what is going on and what I would add, would there be anything I felt compelled to, has usually already been said.  Where as P&R was interesting discussions with less of the same views as me.

You seem to be a very level-headed and insightful guy, hopefully you can get your post count up so we can see more of you in P&R. Go to the football forum and let loose, then come back!

• Plus1 3

6 hours ago, methodical said:

I don't believe anyone is saying the activity has to be in the football forum. There are multiple other forums where you can boost your post count. Hell, you've got less than 100 to go. If you can't find some non P&R topics to achieve that, you apparently only want to post in P&R and imo, that's not particularly healthy or useful. Put into context, 92 posts is a slow day for some posters hereabouts. So, put on your big boy pants and get busy in some other areas for a few days.

• Plus1 1
40 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don't believe anyone is saying the activity has to be in the football forum. There are multiple other forums where you can boost your post count. Hell, you've got less than 100 to go. If you can't find some non P&R topics to achieve that, you apparently only want to post in P&R and imo, that's not particularly healthy or useful. Put into context, 92 posts is a slow day for some posters hereabouts. So, put on your big boy pants and get busy in some other areas for a few days. 

Its 160ish there about in 5 years, so yes its a matter of time, and approximately 5 years from now or so I'll be able to post there again.  I lurk more than post, and I'll happily continue to do so. I just happen to disagree with the policy change that I got caught in and said so. 

I envy those of you that have the time to rack up 90+ posts a day and consider it a slow day, but I won't be joining those ranks, I don't have that much to say.

14 minutes ago, methodical said:

Its 160ish there about in 5 years, so yes its a matter of time, and approximately 5 years from now or so I'll be able to post there again.  I lurk more than post, and I'll happily continue to do so. I just happen to disagree with the policy change that I got caught in and said so. 

I envy those of you that have the time to rack up 90+ posts a day and consider it a slow day, but I won't be joining those ranks, I don't have that much to say.

I guess it's too bad you got caught up in it but I still think it's good rule and a needed change.

Out of your 159 posts, 20 have been in the football forum and 139 in P&R (2 of which were moved to the Offending Posts thread in the shed).

All in all that's a pretty good track record I'd say. Unfortunately with a hard count limit like this, exceptions can't be made.

Heck, go into the lounge and make a bunch of posts in the "Last to post" topic. Those are all brainless count padding posts anyway.

Hit that one for 10 posts a day and you'll be over 250 in under 2 weeks and it won't cost you but a few minutes per day. It really isn't an insurmountable limit.

All, we have already explicitly outlined the concept of inorganic post boosting in the OP of this thread. Please don't encourage it.

If a moderator/admin believes a member with less than 250 posts is trying to improperly increase their post count in order to access the sub-forum, the member in question may face penalties up to and including a Huskerboard account ban. Actions that may be considered improper include, but are not limited to, multiple and repeated posts in the 'Last to Post Wins' thread, multiple posts in a thread when a single post would've sufficed, or multiple posts across several threads that appear to be of no real value.

• Plus1 1