Huskerboard's Politics & Religion Guidelines

Enhance

On 4/10/2019 at 10:06 AM, methodical said:

I think you're making a leap there, personally. The fact that I don't contribute nearly as much to the football forum doesn't mean it isn't my main interest here and why I joined the board originally. I read it to stay current on what is going on and what I would add, would there be anything I felt compelled to, has usually already been said.  Where as P&R was interesting discussions with less of the same views as me.

Image result for hear hear

On 4/11/2019 at 6:21 PM, Danny Bateman said:

Couldn't a mod win  last to post rather easily by posting and immediately locking the thread?

tenor.gif?itemid=7713620

I threatened to do that when I was a Mod. I may have actually done it on an April 1st, now that I think about it. But I either unlocked it the next day or later that day.

On 4/11/2019 at 7:12 AM, Enhance said:

All, we have already explicitly outlined the concept of inorganic post boosting in the OP of this thread. Please don't encourage it.

Sorry, I was not aware of the inorganic posting rule. And that bit about valueless posts across multiple threads.......well, I have a name or two to point out but I won't.

I should probably actually read all the rules sometime :lol:

• Plus1 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2019 at 4:23 PM, Redux said:

I actually don't agree with the 250 post count decision.  While it will work at keeping out the uber trolls, it will also reinforce the echo chamber it can become.  But not my call and not a forum I venture into often, so have at it.

I also don't agree with it.  Why was 250 decided on?  It punishes those who post occasionally on topics of interest and don't just go post a bunch of non-sense all the time.  How about basing it on how long you've been a member rather than post count?  Seems to me like a better way to keep the trolls out.

9 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

I also don't agree with it.  Why was 250 decided on?  It punishes those who post occasionally on topics of interest and don't just go post a bunch of non-sense all the time.  How about basing it on how long you've been a member rather than post count?  Seems to me like a better way to keep the trolls out.

From page 1 of this thread:

On 4/10/2019 at 9:25 AM, Enhance said:

The figure was debated among the leadership team so using 'arbitrary' as an adjective here is lacking in context. 250 posts is enough activity to act as a hindrance to someone who wants to join the board and violate board rules in P&R. But, it's within grasp of someone who wants to be a consistent contributor, and it gives us an opportunity to gauge how that person may behave as a board member in general.

• Plus1 3
On 4/11/2019 at 8:12 AM, Enhance said:

All, we have already explicitly outlined the concept of inorganic post boosting in the OP of this thread.

ICYMI :

15 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Guess I have to get my post count up to post everywhere.  Nobody should put Nebraska in the top 25 because in 2 seasons they havent won 9 games.  Even Bo Pelini could do that in one season.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Make a post count requirement then make it against rules to post to get count up cuz that makes sense!

I would interpret any actual discussion/comments in any of hundreds of threads to be okay, but repeatedly bumping threads like Last to Post Wins, Bump When Drunk, Recipes, etc would be frowned upon. 

But to be honest, at this point in the offseason, getting another 200 meaningful posts in Husker related topics is tough. But keep plugging away, establish a little credibility, let everyone see who you are, and you'll be at 250 before ya know it.

• Plus1 2