RB Ronald Thompkins [Nebraska - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

11 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Thompkins commit?

• Nebraska
    • Florida State
    • Tennessee
    • LSU
    • Penn State
    • Mississippi State

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Unfortunately could be a Tre Bryant. Lots of talent, but just can't keep the knees right 

Different situation. Tre was structural, Thompkins is ligament. Neither ideal, but ligaments is better. 

Have heard it's torn and have heard no tears. Latest was it's torn. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

Different situation. Tre was structural, Thompkins is ligament. Neither ideal, but ligaments is better. 

Have heard it's torn and have heard no tears. Latest was it's torn. 

When you seem to miss most your Jr and almost all of Sr season I don't see that as a good sign regardless 

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

When you seem to miss most your Jr and almost all of Sr season I don't see that as a good sign regardless 

It's not ideal, and will keep some teams away. But I have more confidence in the ligaments healing better than Tre was ever going to. You're still right, it's not ideal at all. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

It's not ideal, and will keep some teams away. But I have more confidence in the ligaments healing better than Tre was ever going to. You're still right, it's not ideal at all. 

Some ligament issues can be due to proper loads during weight lifting sessions. Not saying that the strength coach down there is bad but every kid is different. Nebraska will have the resources and means to take a look at his biomechanics and knee structure and get him on the right weight program that his current high school doesn't have access to. 

5 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

This.  Ligaments tears happen and can heal just fine.  Damaging cartilage is a chronic issue that only gets worse.  I would pick healthy knees if I had a choice,   but ACL's can come back 100% 

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, ADS said:

Schaefer confirmed it is an ACL tear.  Coaches have informed him that the scholarship will be honored.

I'm glad to hear that they will honor it. He will have all the time needed to fully recover and get stronger. 

45 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

I'm glad to hear that they will honor it. He will have all the time needed to fully recover and get stronger. 

Very good to hear. Agree, the ligament tears in the knee used to be a death sentence but pretty much everyone fully recovers and is good to go now days. He has already proven he can come back from a tear and be great. He tore his other knee last year right? Looked pretty dang good in the game to me before he got hurt.

• Plus1 1