What did we learn-Game 1 Arky State

JJ Husker

We learned-

1- The defense needs some work. If your front 3 can't generate quicker pressure then you sure as hell better not play 10 yards off the ball with your corners. Not sure if it's the scheme, our front 3 or soft db play....or the combination.

2- Tanner Lee is the real deal. How nice to see a guy that can distribute the ball and make the throws.

3- Tre Bryant is fun to watch. Wilson did fine in limited action and where was Ozigbo? Running backs are not a concern.

4- Langs still doesn't know how to use the clock.

5- Gifford played a heckuva game...Lee Jr. didn't. The Jones loss hurts.

6- Thought the O line showed some improvement, even as the game went on.

7- Arky State has game and they were not intimidated in the least but they had no business making it the game they did. We've got a lot of stuff to cleanup before Oregon or conference play. 

• Plus1 6

1. Tanner Lee can sling it!

2. IB is currently the best position on the field. Hopefully MR and Langs will be willing to feed them the rock as the season continues. Tre Bryant can definitely be an every down back, but I hope they distribute it to Wilbon and Ozigbo I little more too. We have the depth, use it.

3. It's better to start the season with a W than the alternative and bottom line it's great to have football back. Let's hope the team has a good week of practice and takes a big step before next Saturday.

3 minutes ago, saunders45 said:

That this staff can recruit at a borderline top 25 left, but can't gameplan, or manage a game.

Terrible defense aside, we could have gotten out with a 14 point win, and less drama if they hadn't tried to throw out all over the yard the last few drives.

This staff just doesn't seem to understand that a game can be won handily if you have the lead with little time left and run the ball.

The OL had issues, but appeared to unmake themselves (Cav still on hot seat)

Diaco is an idiot if he thinks he can come into the presser in a suit using big words and try to explain away that sh!t show that was his defense.

We better learn to use our CB's in press or we will be beat like we stole something in many of our games

The inability to switch to nickel/dime was mind boggling.  The bend/dont break allowed almost 450 yrds passing and were 9 away from sticking their thumb right in his eye

Caleb Lightbourn wiil have the same issues as Tommie Frazier (Tommy Fraiser) Grant Wistrom (Winstrom) and Jason Peter (Peters)

Lee appears to be the real deal

Gif played hard the last 15 minutes.

Other LB's are as lost as they were last year.

Kalu balled out.  Late in the game

True did a great job.  Hope he stays healthy

You'd never know Riley had 40 years experience as a HC

Our staff, might be the weakest in the B1G

• Plus1 2

Our defense lives and dies based on how much pressure we put on the QB.  There were too many receivers left wide open and what looked like way too much confusion back there.

When Tanner Lee has help from our offensive line, he gives me reason to believe that the hype is real.  His accuracy is something we've missed for a very long time.

Tre Bryant looks to have what it takes to be a feature back.  Great vision and ability to keep the ball moving after contact.

Even with a new DC, new scheme, and a new QB, we're still the same Huskers we've been for far too long.  There are good things, sure, but there are always good things.  I want to be as optimistic for the rest of this year as I always am to start the season, but it's just not happening for me.