I mean....

Redux

35 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Lee throws a pretty deep ball, but he held onto the ball a long time on a number of occasions.  He has a strong arm, so he does force throws into coverage.  He took some big hits last night, and will end up taking more throughout the season.

It will be interesting to see if teams try to dial up blitzes against NU and Lee down the road.  He's a sitting duck back there for teams with good pass rushers.

doesnt ASU have a guy on the verge of becoming the all time sack leader in college football? and werent they near the top of cfb in tfl's?

• Plus1 3

17 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

Minny had trouble with Buffalo

Wisconsin looked bad for an entire half vs. Utah State

Ohio State was letting Indiana stay in it for an entire half

Louisville almost let Purdue win

Illinois had trouble with Ball State

Northwestern almost let Nevada beat them

Teams have troubles in week 1.  Arky State would beat over half the teams above (Utah State, Ball State, Nevada, Buffalo) in my opinion.  

You have to step back away from the ledge and use that perspective.  What you're doing right now with all your saber rattling makes you sound crazy and unhinged.  You're not being realistic because you're not looking at what happens on a larger scale to all teams in college football.

The defense sucked last night just like many defenses sucked:

1. Purdon't had about 300 yards passing vs. Louisville

2. Utah State had over 300 yards offense vs. Wisconsin...last year's Wiscy team didn't even let LSU do that in the first game.  Think about that.

3. Illinois is in for a bad year again...their defense looked horrible vs a not great offense...but they lack the caliber of players we have so they won't improve in my opinion

4. Washington allowed over 300 yards total offense....from Rutgers.  Think about that.

5. Indiana put up over 400 yards passing vs. Elite Ohio State defense.  <sarcasm> They're going to have a piss poor season based on that one data point </sarcasm>

Those above are just a few examples...you can widen the net out and find a lot of teams that struggled yesterday.  This is game one.  Let's reserve judgement for much, much later.

And after much much later you will still be trying to sugar coat it.

Been a whole lot of talk and excuses and  not a lot of substance over the last however many yrs.

• Plus1 4

I mean....that was some goofy officiating. I wasn't sure if they were trying to script the game or they just need to hire some new refs with better vision?? Then it dawned on me that I have seen plenty of early season goofiness from officials in the past but nobody cared because the game was already a 20-30 point spread.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, 1995 Redux said:

He throws a nice ball.  He put more stank on it then needed quite a few times I thought.

I noticed that as well. He seemed to have an Armstrong-ish 'every throw is a fastball' mentality. Except he's a hell of a lot more accurate with those fastballs than Armstrong. :cowbell:

I don't get why people do this year in and year out.

Lots of teams struggle with bad opponents in the 1st or 2nd games of the season. Some of them go onto be good, others don't. Louisville beat Purdue by 7 points. This happens every single year.

Ya, we might be bad, but there are loads of people around here who are SURE we're going to be awful. That's foolishness.

• Plus1 4
53 minutes ago, marko polo said:

And after much much later you will still be trying to sugar coat it.

Been a whole lot of talk and excuses and  not a lot of substance over the last however many yrs.

That's called being a fan. Maybe you should find a new team? We won. Be happy and hope for the best going forward. 

Glad to see some reasonable folks hovering around. 

• Plus1 2