Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

If Shatel thinks he's a scout for Oregon and thinks Diaco owes him an explanation of how he's going to change the defense so they'll be ready for us, then that's just too bad. Other than that, revert to all the comments that explain he wouldn't have said anything meaningful in the postgame and then a bunch of cyber-geniuses would've jumped all over him for saying nothing.

Carry on.

• Plus1 1

35 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

If this is true, and he was running to talk to his players, that is the only excuse worth listening to.

If I had to guess, I'd say it probably doesn't have anything to do with his absence from the PC.  It is true, though.  That I'm reasonably certain of.  I just thought it was funny, and possibly related.

They were talking about this on "Over Reaction" as well, and stated they thought he didn't speak after games at ND either.  I don't see an issue with it.  As long as he don't talk to the press when they do well in a game.  That would be a major issue for me.  All or nothing is fine with me.  I don't need to hear from him anyway, he is not the Head Coach.

• Plus1 4

Come on "miscommunication"

So a guy that has been a DC and HC didn't know that they media...in a state that is crazy for its college football team...would want to chat with him?

And Riley...a head coach for two decades just sort of "forgot" to mention that they chat with the media after the games?

Did Riley also have to tell Bobby how many yards it takes to get a first down?  

Riley is graciously covering for him and I admire that.  

• Plus1 6
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Come on "miscommunication"

So a guy that has been a DC and HC didn't know that they media...in a state that is crazy for its college football team...would want to chat with him?

And Riley...a head coach for two decades just sort of "forgot" to mention that they chat with the media after the games?

Did Riley also have to tell Bobby how many yards it takes to get a first down?  

Riley is graciously covering for him and I admire that.  

it included such nuggets such as:  he needed time to review before discussing,  not his fault, mine- he didn't know about the press conference, and asked if he should go out and address the media which Riley responded it was over about an hour before, and it will never happen again.  Quotes are not exact but that's the jist.  Riverboat Riley as his best.  Man can airbrush anything.