Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Come on "miscommunication"

So a guy that has been a DC and HC didn't know that they media...in a state that is crazy for its college football team...would want to chat with him?

And Riley...a head coach for two decades just sort of "forgot" to mention that they chat with the media after the games?

Did Riley also have to tell Bobby how many yards it takes to get a first down?  

Riley is graciously covering for him and I admire that.  

Exactly, well put

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Come on "miscommunication"

So a guy that has been a DC and HC didn't know that they media...in a state that is crazy for its college football team...would want to chat with him?

And Riley...a head coach for two decades just sort of "forgot" to mention that they chat with the media after the games?

Did Riley also have to tell Bobby how many yards it takes to get a first down?  

Riley is graciously covering for him and I admire that.  

You sir get it, I get called out for calling this supposed tenured coach a chicken ish by @landlord  but the fact remains, 1st year coach 1st game and runs after he literally got his arse handed to him on a platter by an FCS team.  I am still not looking for Rileys head but that showing was beyong pathetic.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

Diaco firing back

Cant say he didn't do it to himself with reports that he literally ran away after the game.  It is the media so take the reports with a grain of salt but he didn't speak so he didn't help himself.  Maybe at UConn you don't talk to press, but you know for a fact at Notre Dame and Nebraska, you aren't getting off that easy.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, C-4 said:

I wish he wouldn't be feeding the media. Shatel and them were surely dying down. 

Yep. Seriously, screw the media. This is just a distraction we don't need during prep for Oregon. The media is just mad they didn't get a chance to embarrass Diaco after the game. The defense already did that. They sucked. Enough said. He will either fix it or he won't have a job. Do you really think a guy who based on reports has always avoided press conferences is going to give you an informative press conference. 

I wish Riley would just say that the buck stops with him and he will address the media on behalf of his staff. 

• Plus1 2