Shatel: Bob Diaco's refusal for postgame interview unacceptable

Saunders

48 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

sorry Bob, this is a new program here, you need to man up and stand up and give an assessment, when it is  good will you be around?  i expect so, assuming we  ever become good on D.

personally i don't think  he has the guys to play a 3-4......its square peg, round hole.........no speed up front, no pressure,

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

You sir get it, I get called out for calling this supposed tenured coach a chicken ish by @landlord  but the fact remains, 1st year coach 1st game and runs after he literally got his arse handed to him on a platter by an FCS team.  I am still not looking for Rileys head but that showing was beyong pathetic.

I wouldn't worry to much about that "call out"

1 hour ago, olddominionhusker said:

Yep. Seriously, screw the media. This is just a distraction we don't need during prep for Oregon. The media is just mad they didn't get a chance to embarrass Diaco after the game. The defense already did that. They sucked. Enough said. He will either fix it or he won't have a job. Do you really think a guy who based on reports has always avoided press conferences is going to give you an informative press conference. 

I wish Riley would just say that the buck stops with him and he will address the media on behalf of his staff. 

The media is part of this machine, the public buys and pays for these answers that is why is paid as well as he is.  The responsibility of his position is to explain to the people that pay him what happened.  No Media, No TV, no millions no cool stadium ect.  

Just now, 1995 Redux said:

After one post game skip you labeled him Bo Pelini.

Mine was more about people complaing about his treatment of the media.  When it comes to his love of the media there are similarities.  The passion also seems the same.  My only complaint with him at this time is he either needs to find some OLB's that can react quicker or go to a nickel or a dime.

10 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Really not, truly the people that say they dont care are fooling themselves.  We all want to know wtf is going on, our fan base is too smart not to.

Exactly...also...remember at OSU Riley has open practices...all of them.  His first year here he had a lot...last year less...this year less.  

I don't blame him.  I would do less and less as well.

1 hour ago, zoogs said:

Diaco's response has me shaking my head. Wtf, Bob. Expected better.

This was a Bo move. The only thing "ridiculous" or "disappointing" here is to see a coach in Riley's program being so easily baited into this response after his first game, a win no less.

Did you just watch the snippet or the whole conference?

1 minute ago, KingBlank said:

The media is part of this machine, the public buys and pays for these answers that is why is paid as well as he is.  The responsibility of his position is to explain to the people that pay him what happened.  No Media, No TV, no millions no cool stadium ect.  

If he were a head coach yes. But there are plenty of programs where coordinators do not routinely address the press. 

Look, I understand why some people want to hear the bullsh#t coach cliches that you are going to get in these situations. I just came to the conclusion a long time ago that they offer no value to me personally. 

However, regardless of what side of the fence you may be on, I think most would agree that this is not an issue that needs to be front and center going into an important game. It's a stupid distraction. Shatel is a whiny ass for writing a column about it and Diaco is stupid for rising to take the bait. It could have been resolved privately through Riley I'm sure

• Plus1 3

I dunno.  His job is to coach football. The media is secondary.  If you could pick between a winning coach who never says a word, and a losing coach who siits down and spews BS till somebody turns off the lights what would you pick? What wiuld Shatel pick?

Personally if he is gonna do a lot of talking, I'd rather that he talk to his players than Tom Shatel.  

Also, time from now until Oregon is finite.  Maybe he just wanted to get right to film.  

• Plus1 2