For those coming to Oregon...

27 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I just checked the air quality index.  Here in my hometown (an hour south of Eugene), we're currently at a moderate level for the first time in almost two weeks.  I don't think it'll last as the smoke seems to be moving back in.  I also checked Eugene and it's at an unhealthy level.  

GoDucks:  Did they evaculate Oakridge or the McKenzie Bridge area?

McKenzie Bridge area. I know the evacuated Belnap Springs. Hate to see that place taken to the ground. Can't imagine what it's like at Toketee Golf Course

1 hour ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I just checked the air quality index.  Here in my hometown (an hour south of Eugene), we're currently at a moderate level for the first time in almost two weeks.  I don't think it'll last as the smoke seems to be moving back in.  I also checked Eugene and it's at an unhealthy level.  

GoDucks:  Did they evaculate Oakridge or the McKenzie Bridge area?

So you're in the Roseburg area. Say I think Steamboat changed owners a while back. I use to go there a couple times a year for the food and fishing. Sharon Van Loan did a great job there. Do you know if it's up to Sharon's standards? I think it's time to go back for a visit if it is.

4 hours ago, GoDucks349 said:

So you're in the Roseburg area. Say I think Steamboat changed owners a while back. I use to go there a couple times a year for the food and fishing. Sharon Van Loan did a great job there. Do you know if it's up to Sharon's standards? I think it's time to go back for a visit if it is.

I haven't been up there in years.  The only time I ever drive through that area is on my way to Bend for my annual golf vacation. :)

Update on the weather:  We've got some rain!  We also have some lightning :(

• Plus1 1

Yea we're hearing that some areas are going to get a little rain and that the wind is coming from the south. The real question mark is whether the thunder clouds and lightening start more fires along the way. So yea looks like the air is clearing a bit but it's still "iffy" as to whether we're out of the woods for Saturday.

On 9/4/2017 at 7:23 PM, skers44 said:

Oregon State is 47 miles way from the ducks land. Play Minnesota at 7:00, planning to walk up and get some tickets in some husker gear!!

The Beavers have really nice fans.  You will be treated like friends. So do the Huskies.

Eugene on the other hand is where they send bad tempered Badger and Buffalo fans unfortunately.   Be cool. 

1 hour ago, River-runner said:

The Beavers have really nice fans.  You will be treated like friends. So do the Huskies.

Eugene on the other hand is where they send bad tempered Badger and Buffalo fans unfortunately.   Be cool. 

Every fan base has their turds.  I've run into a lot of Husky fans that I'd consider turds.  But you're right, Duck fans are a different breed ;)