Time Change or Locations change? Hmm

ScottyIce

LOL I feel for you. When I lived in PDX a few years ago, I use to get a couple guys to share the  cost of a small plane to fly us to Eugene for a game or two. We had a pilot who was a Duck fan and so we could split costs and save. It worked pretty well especially not having to deal with traffic when the Beavs and the Univ of Oregon had home games on the same day.

• Plus1 1

16 minutes ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Man, if you'd have gotten a picture of that with any modicum of composition, that may have gotten you into a National Geographic!

Even if the air is downgraded from unhealthy, I feel bad for any players who have mild asthma or allergies.

Each year around Independence Day, I have to take a break from running outside (if I'm in my rare exercise mode). The smoke just from fireworks keep me from getting enough oxygen to my muscles. I can't imagine wildfire smoke!

It wasn't an issue in central Nebraska, but the first time I tried to run in Lincoln, I was literally too pooped to poop. I used to use that phrase when I was fatigued, but now that I've actually experienced it, I don't go into that hyperbole any more.

IMG_3282.GIF

So what's "Central Nebraska? I was born in Burwell. And yes it would have been a great pic. Never thought of Lincoln as having tough running conditions other than some heat and humidity on occasions.

10 minutes ago, GoDucks349 said:

So what's "Central Nebraska? I was born in Burwell. And yes it would have been a great pic. Never thought of Lincoln as having tough running conditions other than some heat and humidity on occasions.

Dude...after the 4th of July, if it's humid and the clouds are low, you can smell the gunpowder in the air. I'd even wager one could get a mason jar, put air and a wick in it, and use it as a makeshift firework. 

My wife, who never grew up knowing the joys of shooting off fireworks, says Lincoln looks like a warzone on the 3rd and 4th. 

4 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Do we know for sure when the Pac 12 is making a decision? Thursday? Friday? Gameday?

According to some of the news articles from Oregon, Pac-12 is waiting until Saturday AM. I don't think DONU and Fox Sports can (or should) wait that long though. 

14 minutes ago, Street Novelist said:

Do we know for sure when the Pac 12 is making a decision? Thursday? Friday? Gameday?

For what it is worth on Big Red Wrap Up last night they said it would be a Saturday morning decision if at all applicable.  They didn't seem to worried about cancellation.  

17 minutes ago, VectorVictor said:

Dude...after the 4th of July, if it's humid and the clouds are low, you can smell the gunpowder in the air. I'd even wager one could get a mason jar, put air and a wick in it, and use it as a makeshift firework. 

My wife, who never grew up knowing the joys of shooting off fireworks, says Lincoln looks like a warzone on the 3rd and 4th. 

According to some of the news articles from Oregon, Pac-12 is waiting until Saturday AM. I don't think DONU and Fox Sports can (or should) wait that long though. 

LOL I get what you're saying............. That would be tough conditions.

1 hour ago, GoDucks349 said:

I grew up in Overton, about half an hour west of Kearney.

Lincoln and Omaha aren't bad any other time, just when all the firework smoke was around and I would enhale it while running.

Granted, college athletes won't be gasping for air as much as I do.

1 hour ago, Street Novelist said:

The Pac-12 is not the only one making the call here. They have some input but Nebraska and Oregon have to make their own calls. If Nebraska doesn't feel completely comfortable traveling there then they shouldn't. So Nebraska would need to make a decision by early Friday at the latest.

I have to think Nebraska's equipment truck is already on its way? Also making a morning of game decision sounds outrageous considering all the people that would affect. If conditions are not good Friday morning, then they wont be good come Saturday afternoon, or at least Saturday morning when a decision would need to be made, so I hope they would let us know earlier due to travel plans, etc.

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

I have to think Nebraska's equipment truck is already on its way? Also making a morning of game decision sounds outrageous considering all the people that would affect. If conditions are not good Friday morning, then they wont be good come Saturday afternoon, or at least Saturday morning when a decision would need to be made, so I hope they would let us know earlier due to travel plans, etc.

I wonder what road they're using to get from eastern Oregon to western Oregon?  The biggies seem to all be closed.  There are a few highways in the southern part of the state that are open.....but that could change with all of these thunderstorms.  

It's crazy here!

4 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Lincoln and Omaha aren't bad any other time, just when all the firework smoke was around and I would enhale it while running.

My sister and brother in law live in Overton.  Small world...

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

I wonder what road they're using to get from eastern Oregon to western Oregon?  The biggies seem to all be closed.  There are a few highways in the southern part of the state that are open.....but that could change with all of these thunderstorms.  

It's crazy here!

Good point. They may have left even earlier knowing the road closures and obstacles they will have to deal with.

4 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

Fun story about "Car Nee" my mother was (from my understanding) the first woman manager in the Safeway grocery store chain. One day at the store she was working at someone came in and wanted to cash a check from K EAR nee Nebraska. She told them she'd need to get a second person to approve the check and she went in her office and called the police. She kept them waiting till the police arrived and the busted the guy.

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BoneyardHusker said:

It should have left Monday... This isn't a "day trip" like going to North Bend, IN.