NEW AP POLL - NEB 1 PT

ScottyIce

1 hour ago, RunMickeyRun02 said:

Polls this early in the season are totally pointless imo. They shouldn't start until about week 5. I know they have to sell early season games like FSU/Alabama with #'s next to their names but preseason and early season polls are dumb. 

Agreed. I'd go so far as to say the polls are almost entirely pointless until November. Most teams will have played complementary or teams better than their own by that point.

• Plus1 1

I say support the kids and staff no matter what.  Haven't we been through this before on here?  Why continue to spread negativity?  I am happy for everyone's right to have doomsday predictions for this squad.  I hope they prove you wrong.  And if they don't?  Guess what?  I am still a  fan despite what the scoreboard or some group of pollsters think about us. And yes, I was around for the Glory days of the 90's.  I was also around for semi glorious days of the 70's and 80's back when Nebraska football games turned into track meets when we were  running up the score. Please support OUR (mine and your) team.  

Not true - for the last 10 years the SEC has used the polls to explain most of their losses and the final polls are based on every week before it which includes the first 6 weeks - which has correctly been mentioned that they shouldn't be out for 5 more weeks.

Now for the team that finishes the year #1 - I would agree that the final is most important