Where is the confidence coming from?

6 hours ago, 1995 Redux said:

Are you actually comparing Helfrich to Miles?  Pretty clearly not the same resume.

Again, Oregon made a good hire.  Taggart is an upgrade IMO.  They will be better than 4-8.

Will they go to the National Championship game?  Helfrich did.  You can talk smack about Helfrich, but he has a better resume than Taggart by a long, long shot.  

• Plus1 1

IMO

We played a conservative-based defense. Our front 7 actually played fairly stout and that should fair moderately well against an offense that looked to be explosive on the ground, albeit, against a Div. II team.

Offensively; Our offense looked balanced, Lee looked composed for the most part. Tre looks like an upper tier back. And most importantly; our O-line looked improved.

I expect us to compete... maybe not win; but these coaches will look to put together a gameplan that, at the very least, allows us to be competitive

37 minutes ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Will they go to the National Championship game?  Helfrich did.  You can talk smack about Helfrich, but he has a better resume than Taggart by a long, long shot.  

Their resumes are hardly comparable.  Helfrich, took over for Chip Kelly and began his coaching record as so:

2013 11-2

2014 13-2 playoff appearance

2015 9-4

2016 4-8

2017 Broadcast Analyst

Oregon saw the writing on the wall and went in a different direction.  Taggart on the other hand soent 3 years at WKU where he went 16-20, 4 years at USF where he went 24-25 and now Oregon where he is currently 1-0.  Helfrich got handed the reigns and he dropped them.  Taggart worked his way up to a Power 5 gig and has a chance to reach that nevmxt level.  Maybe he doesn't.  Too early to tell.  And yes i understand that's why everyone was razzled earlier, I'm not a fortune teller.  But last time I checked message boards were built out of opinions.  And my opinion is that Helfrich was in over his head and Taggart will be an upgrade.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, 1995 Redux said:

Their resumes are hardly comparable.  Helfrich, took over for Chip Kelly and began his coaching record as so:

2013 11-2

2014 13-2 playoff appearance

2015 9-4

2016 4-8

2017 Broadcast Analyst

Oregon saw the writing on the wall and went in a different direction.  Taggart on the other hand soent 3 years at WKU where he went 16-20, 4 years at USF where he went 24-25 and now Oregon where he is currently 1-0.  Helfrich got handed the reigns and he dropped them.  Taggart worked his way up to a Power 5 gig and has a chance to reach that nevmxt level.  Maybe he doesn't.  Too early to tell.  And yes i understand that's why everyone was razzled earlier, I'm not a fortune teller.  But last time I checked message boards were built out of opinions.  And my opinion is that Helfrich was in over his head and Taggart will be an upgrade.

I think you should stop with the broadcast analyst angle.  It literally has no bearing in the conversation.

• Plus1 5

For me ... I think Freeman is gonna have a big, big game.  Last year, that "not so very good Oregon" team was tearing us a new one via Freeman ... until his injury.  With how Ark St. spread us in the first game if Oregon can add to it's spread attack a strong runner like Freeman I can see us really getting lit up.  

Still, it's a game and it's college football.  I think both teams are pretty average overall with both offenses better then the defense.  Special teams can come into play and of course turnovers.  We barely won the first game and didn't turn it over so being away and the possibility of losing a few turnovers could certainly come into play.  

Anything can happen ... just like last week.  :-)

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....because of those two factors, we have absolutely no chance of winning this game.  We should all just cry in our beers and sit around bitching about how horrible our team is and how horrible our coaching staff is and how we don't have anywhere close to the talent Oregon has and how we are only going to win 4 games all year and how everyone in Lincoln has no clue what they are doing....they should read Huskerboard so they can learn how to manage a team, hire coaches, coach the team, recruit, game plan, call plays, do post game interviews...and wipe their asses.

Not a big beer fan but maybe it tastes better with tears in it. 

• Plus1 2

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....because of those two factors, we have absolutely no chance of winning this game.  We should all just cry in our beers and sit around bitching about how horrible our team is and how horrible our coaching staff is and how we don't have anywhere close to the talent Oregon has and how we are only going to win 4 games all year and how everyone in Lincoln has no clue what they are doing....they should read Huskerboard so they can learn how to manage a team, hire coaches, coach the team, recruit, game plan, call plays, do post game interviews...and wipe their asses.

Lol who said we should do that? :D. Those factors I referenced are just the two factors that prevent me from being overconfident.  Anything can happen any given Saturday that's why they play the games.  Freeman looked great last year before going down.  Hopefully we can contain him. #GBR

• Plus1 1