Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty clear the Ag markets are deaf to his bluster.  He's been talking about this E15 thing the last few days while campaigning through the midwest.

The corn market is down for the month and on a three day losing streak.  It's also still close to a 10 year low.  

But...GREAT!!!!  Remember, he promised government subsidies!!!!!

Trump economy 10/10/18

Tariffs up

AG prices down

Tariffs up

Steel and Alum prices up (along with everything else associated wt the tariffs)

Interest rates up

Home sales down

Inflation up

Discretionary spending money down

Gas prices up

Disposable income down

Fed Rate up

Stock market down

Taxes down

Govt Debt up

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
9 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I don't buy this economic theory in the first place, but did the people who do buy it really think within a year the tax cuts were going to bring the deficit down? (Even without the increased spending?)

Bob Corker believes in it, apparently. I'm sure he gave some rationalization about why he was going to do what he explicitly said he wasn't going to do, but I didn't catch it.

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Bob Corker believes in it, apparently. I'm sure he gave some rationalization about why he was going to do what he explicitly said he wasn't going to do, but I didn't catch it.

I’ve been preaching about not using one data point. What were the increases with Obama? I’m guessing the first couple years were huge but of course his situation was vastly different.