Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

YIm sure this Reich guy is just some looney “Lib”who’s losing his mind and spreading fake news  :sarcasmbut he makes some good points here I think . https://www.newsweek.com/robert-reich-truth-about-trumps-booming-economy-opinion-1169901?fbclid=IwAR2l_GhDD5KRiMZ8e6lx5kPd3PT-u1d1zaH9LhLJ3bYk4SQoJxqcGV0NMM0

Too often, discussions about “the economy” focus on overall statistics about growth, the stock market, and unemployment.

But most Americans don’t live in that economy. They live in a personal economy that has more to do with wages, job security, commutes to and from work, and the costs of housing, health care, drugs, education, and home insurance.

These are the things that hit closest home. They comprise the typical American’s standard of living.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Blubbering idiot. 

As someone else put quite nicely, he does this crap because he knows certain outlets will publish headlines like "Trump promises 10% middle-class tax cut."

He's literally pulling a phony tax cut out of his rear end because he knows it's election time and they're getting killed with the middle class. And there are no doubt some stupid people who will believe him.

• Plus1 3
7 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Anybody notice how much of a cliff the stock market has fallen off lately?

I checked yesterday and looking at the charts, we've given up nearly the entire past year's gains the last month. Not exactly great for Mr. Super Fantastic Economy Man right before the midterms.

My 401k continues to look hilariously bad because I just started it at the beginning of this year. Last I checked it had a -7% return. 

• Plus1 2

• 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Is it more believable if it comes from Trump's administration?

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm535

I don't doubt the debt is spiraling. It's hard to get anything done when an obstructionist Congress is in session. I know, I know they haven't been there very long. But maybe, just maybe, if they could see past their seething hatred for Trump and do their jobs. You know, like legislating and passing bills instead of starting new investigations and trying their damndest to get Trump they could get something done. 

• Thanks 1