Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

32 minutes ago, Whistlebritches said:

Don't hate the player, hate the game....or something like that. Nicklaus has a pet project that needed funding and he figured out how to get it.

Oh, I totally understand why Nicklaus did it. And I don't want to hate him because I have so much respect for him. But why did he have to do business with Cadet Bone Spur?

2 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

Oh, I totally understand why Nicklaus did it. And I don't want to hate him because I have so much respect for him. But why did he have to do business with Cadet Bone Spur?

Because he's an easy mark.

Oh!....uhh... . I mean.....uhh....he's a great negotiator!  Yeah...that's it....

Edit:  I mean honestly, if I could get access to the President and I had a project that I felt was important enough to overlook my personal ego, I would meet with Trump ASAP.  I'd tell him all the things he'd like to hear and even offer to put his name on it somehow.  There is no way he wouldn't give you the money.  

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, funhusker said:

Because he's an easy mark.

Oh!....uhh... . I mean.....uhh....he's a great negotiator!  Yeah...that's it....

Edit:  I mean honestly, if I could get access to the President and I had a project that I felt was important enough to overlook my personal ego, I would meet with Trump ASAP.  I'd tell him all the things he'd like to hear and even offer to put his name on it somehow.  There is no way he wouldn't give you the money.  

I don't disagree. But dang, it still hurts to see Jack do it.

15 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I agree with Trump on this. All corn subsidies should be cut, period. Make the cuts over 20 years to make it less drastic, but they shouldn’t exist.

What about crop insurance? I'd think most of the small farms would fold in a bad weather year without crop insurance.

24 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

What about crop insurance? I'd think most of the small farms would fold in a bad weather year without crop insurance.

I’m fine with having safety nets for farmers. That’s a no brainer. It’s volatile and there are big repercussions for society if a lot of them go out of business.

I just don’t think we should be subsidizing things that are mostly used for sugar and for gasoline that I think we could do a lot better than and food for an animal we should be eating way less of and food for humans that a ton of other foods are more nutritious than. Corn just isn’t worthy of subsidies, imo.

• Plus1 1