Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

This is an ineffective and actually, selectively harmful view on drugs that was both really obvious during election season and something I'd hope most of us should agree we should steer clear from. The way to do that is to stop voting in the politicians who believe in this stuff. It's no surprise that Trump got Jeff Sessions, a kindred spirit on this matter, as the AG. And the AG's discretion in this area matters. 

The gist of all this is that experts predict that this will trigger a trade war with China.  China has basically told us that fear is true.  

On top of this, this should cause inflation pressures with the products that use steal and aluminum.....they are saying the biggest sector is construction.  

This may increase jobs in the steel and aluminum industries in the US.  But, the rest of us are going to feel it in other ways.

One more thing.  This doesn't help him fund his large infrastructure bill since now he will be using US steel that is much more expensive because of the trade war.

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The gist of all this is that experts predict that this will trigger a trade war with China.  China has basically told us that fear is true.  

On top of this, this should cause inflation pressures with the products that use steal and aluminum.....they are saying the biggest sector is construction.  

This may increase jobs in the steel and aluminum industries in the US.  But, the rest of us are going to feel it in other ways.

One more thing.  This doesn't help him fund his large infrastructure bill since now he will be using US steel that is much more expensive because of the trade war.

Each time Trump opens his mouth about policy, something bad or incoherent  comes out and the market falls.

• Plus1 1

Hmm, this is interesting. Carl Icahn is a Trump associate who owns Icahn Enterprises.  Icahn Enterprises is a part owner of Manitowoc, a crane manufacturer. Between February 12 and 22,  Icahn Enterprises sold 939,000 shares of Manitowoc for $31.3 million. And then a few days later, Trump announced a 25% tariff on steel and aluminum imports. Guess who this would be negatively impacted by a tariff on steel and aluminum? I don't know, perhaps a company that consumes lots of steel and aluminum, like a crane manufacturer?

Looks like we can add insider trader to Trump's list of infractions...

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, schriznoeder said:

Hmm, this is interesting. Carl Icahn is a Trump associate who owns Icahn Enterprises.  Icahn Enterprises is a part owner of Manitowoc, a crane manufacturer. Between February 12 and 22,  Icahn Enterprises sold 939,000 shares of Manitowoc for $31.3 million. And then a few days later, Trump announced a 25% tariff on steel and aluminum imports. Guess who this would be negatively impacted by a tariff on steel and aluminum? I don't know, perhaps a company that consumes lots of steel and aluminum, like a crane manufacturer?

Looks like we can add insider trader to Trump's list of infractions...

Congress is protected from insider trading laws (and have been shown to profit from insider trader). I suspect the President is either equally protected or could make that case.

7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Congress is protected from insider trading laws (and have been shown to profit from insider trader). I suspect the President is either equally protected or could make that case.

I can't find anything concrete about the president being exempt, but you're probably right. Just wishful thinking on my part ;)