Trump Domestic Policy - Budgets, etc

On 10/20/2017 at 2:24 PM, TGHusker said:

Those of us who complained about budget deficits under Obama, have better start complaining under Trump. So, I'm on record as

complaining.  6th highest deficit at all time and we aren't in a 'hot' war.  The short sighted, finger to the wind republicans are seeking a 'win'

giving up long term fiscal soundness for a short term political PR boost.  They officially are no longer the party of the conservative.

TG.....

This paragraph sums it up.

No longer can the Republicans even attempt to claim the are conservative.  They try their best to act like they have the moral high ground with their evangelical votes.  Then, vote in one of the most morally inept people ever in the office.....and everyone knew that when they voted for him.

NOW.....this tax bill is a disaster for anyone who is a fiscal conservative and don't like huge deficits.  

I will complain till the cows come home about this mess the Republicans are in.  It's truly amazing that they think they can push this crap on us and act like they are the fiscal conservative side.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

TG.....

This paragraph sums it up.

No longer can the Republicans even attempt to claim the are conservative.  They try their best to act like they have the moral high ground with their evangelical votes.  Then, vote in one of the most morally inept people ever in the office.....and everyone knew that when they voted for him.

NOW.....this tax bill is a disaster for anyone who is a fiscal conservative and don't like huge deficits.  

I will complain till the cows come home about this mess the Republicans are in.  It's truly amazing that they think they can push this crap on us and act like they are the fiscal conservative side.

So what do we more 'conservative types' do at this point?:dunno   I'm not talking about the extreme end of the spectrum but those of us who know you have to balance social need with fiscal responsibility.  It is easy to point fingers at the far left - who seem to give no restraint to social spending in the past, yet these 'self described' republican show just as little restraint going the other direction via the tax cuts + spending initiatives. Both are big spenders - one via direct aid to the needy and the other by indirect aid to corporations via tax credits.

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

So what do we more 'conservative types' do at this point?:dunno   I'm not talking about the extreme end of the spectrum but those of us who know you have to balance social need with fiscal responsibility.  It is easy to point fingers at the far left - who seem to give no restraint to social spending in the past, yet these 'self described' republican show just as little restraint going the other direction via the tax cuts + spending initiatives. Both are big spenders - one via direct aid to the needy and the other by indirect aid to corporations via tax credits.

The only thing I can think of is to do what I have been doing since Trump won the nomination and ultimately the election.

When issues are brought up in groups of friends about issues, I do my best to express how I am still a fiscal conservative and how Trump goes totally against that.  For a while, they always act shocked that I don't just love Trump.  Then, the more I talk, the more frustrated they get and they change the subject.  

Hopefully, over time, they start thinking about these issues from a different angle than toting the party line.

It honestly is the most frustrating time in my life politically.

Just an example of how baffling this whole conversation is.  I literally will have people shoot back....."well, at least he isn't out golfing all the time like Obama."

Seriously......that is a common come back and it make my blood boil.

Edited by BigRedBuster
  • Plus1 2
On 10/23/2017 at 2:30 PM, BigRedBuster said:

When issues are brought up in groups of friends about issues, I do my best to express how I am still a fiscal conservative and how Trump goes totally against that.  For a while, they always act shocked that I don't just love Trump.  Then, the more I talk, the more frustrated they get and they change the subject.  

I would call myself conservative, but have found no such housing in the GOP.

Edited by deedsker

the fox is guarding another henhouse.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/zahrahirji/epa-pruitt-new-science-advisors?utm_term=.ht505M4kA#.mdrQv0G5j

A large coalition of science organizations, science advocates, environmentalists, and politicians lined up in fierce opposition to the policy changes, arguing the rules not only disqualify top environmental and health researchers from advising but also favor scientists paid for by EPA-regulated companies. They also have pointed out that EPA has strict rules in place for disclosing any conflicts of interest.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 months later...