5 Reasons we beat Oregon

Hilltop

12 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

http://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/8/16257100/nebraska-huskers-football-oregon-ducks-five-reasons-win

I believe this sums up my thoughts.  Optimism is healthy for the football fan.

I like honesty, myself. Optimism isn't really all that healthy, life doesn't tend to fit the optimistic view point, and we can end up just disappointed and sad as a result.

If you're honest with your expectations, though, you find the effects you were looking for in the optimistic approach!

17 minutes ago, brophog said:

I like honesty, myself. Optimism isn't really all that healthy, life doesn't tend to fit the optimistic view point, and we can end up just disappointed and sad as a result.

If you're honest with your expectations, though, you find the effects you were looking for in the optimistic approach!

image.jpeg.fbd386ccf92fbf65048c7d73a6bad413.jpeg

• Plus1 2

After watching Oregon vs. Southern Utah, Oregon's offensive line struggled at times blocking on run plays. Their pass protection was pretty good, which is expected against the competition, but a lot of plays were made by Freeman and Benoit slipping tacklers and finding yardage for themselves. Most down hill run plays seemed to be make or break on whether the two backs could escape two or three defenders just a yard or two from the line of scrimmage. Stretch, toss, and end around plays outclassed SUU with speed and miss tackles, but that is what we expect from Oregon.

If Nebraska finds a way to win, it will be because our front 7 locks down Oregon's run game and wins the point of attack. It can be done, but will it?

27 minutes ago, brophog said:

The reasons listed in the article are (mostly) logical, at least. There's no 'We're Nebraska and that's that' kind of talk. Just some good ol' fashioned opinion supported by fact and only a little peppering of optimism.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, brophog said:

My life does fit the optimistic view point.  My glass is half full sir.  Maybe I'm lucky?  

A positive approach has been proven to medically improve a person by the way so it truly is healthy.  Google it- gobs of information out there.

Good article. Should help with any ASU depression hangover and is based on real factors not blind optimism.  I'm excited for this game. It likely will determine my mood with this team for the remainder of the year so my fingers are crossed. Don't want to be like "those" other posters were last week.  This fan thing is a lot more fun when you have hopes that haven't been squashed.

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, brophog said:

who hurt you????

• Plus1 3

We're in it to win it. I think the new expectation is that the new Nebraska gets rickrolled on  national tv. 

The Diaco did not show his cards is stupid thinking. But really I don't think the defense was as bad as initially thought

and I, by choice, do not have an ice maker. They often break. 

5 hours ago, Hilltop said:

http://www.cornnation.com/2017/9/8/16257100/nebraska-huskers-football-oregon-ducks-five-reasons-win

I believe this sums up my thoughts.  Optimism is healthy for the football fan.

Brief summary:

#1 Weakened home field advangage.

1a: 15,000 Husker Fans

1b:  broken practice routine (smoke, relocation)

#2 Tanner Lee is good

#3 Diaco went "Vanilla"

#4 Huskers can run the ball

#5 Southern Utah make UO look great

I agree with 2, 4, and 5

The rest is wishful thinking.

4 minutes ago, IA State Husker said:

Brief summary:

#1 Weakened home field advangage.

1a: 15,000 Husker Fans

1b:  broken practice routine (smoke, relocation)

#2 Tanner Lee is good

#3 Diaco went "Vanilla"

#4 Huskers can run the ball

#5 Southern Utah make UO look great

I agree with 2, 4, and 5

The rest is wishful thinking.

Agree with your assessment.  When ASU was going score for score with NU, a DC doesn't keep it vanilla and "hope" his winning philosophy works.....  

• Plus1 2