***Official Oregon Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

1 minute ago, Micheal said:

Bryant was making it a game on the ground and of course we go away from that. It is true insanity for Nebraska to expect to win with Riley. He has an abysmal career record, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. 

He is what he was.  A coach incapable of winning.  It's really that simple.  20+ years of HC experience.  What in his resume would ever make a person think he is capable of taking it to the next level in the twilight of his career....

• Plus1 1

Im just in shock.......I mean, rushing 3...3!!!! We can't do that. We gotta get pressure. Its simple. This is 7 v 7. Our feel bad for our guys on defense, they are being put in difficult situations outta the gate. I honestly don't like to call for someone's head....but 2 weeks in a row of beatdown, and making $825K

6 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I can't even escape this shitshow as my beloved Cubs are going with the diacco strategy and have given up 14 today.  Both games still going on and my teams have given up a combined 56 points/runs.  Drunk is the menu for supper

Take it easy bro.  Dont drink hard to escape.  Its bad news

10 minutes ago, MLB 51 said:

Fire them all and start over next year. Eichorst needs to go, too.

After we get our **** pushed in by Wisky and tOSU at home and PSU on the road, this will happen. 

And with this defense...it's pretty much a given at this point that Wisky and tOSU will own us. 

Just now, mwj98 said:

Im just in shock.......I mean, rushing 3...3!!!! We can't do that. We gotta get pressure. Its simple. This is 7 v 7. Our feel bad for our guys on defense, they are being put in difficult situations outta the gate. I honestly don't like to call for someone's head....but 2 weeks in a row of beatdown, and making $825K

3 against 5 with a QB whines 21 of 25.  Ill call for his head.  Disco needs to left in Oregon or arrested in Nebraska for obtaining property by false pretenses...

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Over 400 yards of offense and 42 points.  And none are what you would call real 'cheap' ones nor special teams.  Just earned TDs six times.  And we have but two TD drives and lots of ugly passing for the most part.  Tanner playing like he's at Tulane I guess.

This game is falling apart with all sorts of errors, by players and coaches.  Diaco better get his butt down to the sidelines and do some coaching as being in the press box where he can hide is not working.  He needs to be more 'energetic' as they say about him as his job is on the line.  He won't make it to October at this rate.  Riley is gonna feel the heat too for hiring him and allowing this kind of thing to happen.  Our defense has not been pretty for quite a while but this is nothing short of terrible.  We've given up 800 yards passing in 6 quarters.  Our offense is totally out of rhtyhm but again, it is rare that it has been in good rhthym in a long time.  Just calling different plays and formations, and mixing up the run and pass and using play action, is NOT good play calling.  You have to call the plays that will work or help to set up future plays that will work.  You need to 'feel' the game as it unfolds in front of you.  You can't just follow a game plan or script or some kind of systematic play calls.  You must call the plays that 'fit' the game as it is playing out.  We haven't done that in so long I can't remember.  Rarely have we had those 'right' play calls (a couple full back traps with Jano I recall) but we should be seeing those calls atleast half a dozen or more EACH half at least. 

When HuskerLaw is pessimistic, S$&t has hit the fan.

This is on the AD,  why hire someone who has proven he is a 500 percent coach in the first place.  It makes no sense to me why Nebraska would do this.  You have many up and coming coaches in the country and to hire a person that is on the verge or retirement is not acceptable.  You need someone who can relate to the student athletes and fire them up.  What I see on the sidelines is a joke.

• Plus1 1