Who should we hire

2 hours ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

And it could be another 15 years before NU is a perennial Top-5 team...maybe 20+ years.  For every year of poor decision-making & performance by both the administration and coaching staff, it takes at least twice as long to rebuild both the Program's culture and reputation.  The Program was in the ditch from 2000-2014 -- this return to prominence that everyone has been waiting for is going to take far longer that most realize (or will admit).  Mike Riley's hire was progress in the LONG march back to the mountain-top, as will be his eventual replacement in 5-6 years (Frost?).  Patience is a virtue.

Another thing:  If you were a four or five star recruit with plenty of options, would you want to play for NU after reading many of the negative and personal-attack comments (on both this board & local news-sites) made against both players and coaches from what sometimes seems like the most entitlement-minded fan base in college football?  I know I'd think twice.

Want me to link some negative comments about coaches and players at Bama?  

• Plus1 2

Sure...Riley wanted this to be his swan song, thinking that he could come to NU and that it wouldn't take long to make some noise.  His wife wanted him out of OSU (but not really the state, she loves it there and they are moving back which makes sense).  

Riley signed up to win and win big...but so far that has not been the case and Dee is getting a bit tired of it (from things I have heard, who knows how true they are but they come from a few guys that usually hear decent stuff).  So, a crappy season this year will make it really easy to pull out the old "time to retire" card instead of coming back to a "Might lose my job" next season type of thing that Dee doesn't want any part of.

2 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

I forgot, is it Bama's or Nebraska's base that proudly proclaims to be "The Greatest Fans in College Football"?

Not sure.

• Plus1 2

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Nope...Riley did not sign up for "this" and neither did his wife.  She hates it here.  No progress this year will mean the "retirement" bug is going to bite.  

You should refrain from starting and/or posting unsubstantiated rumors about the Head Coach's wife.  This is the sort of disgusting behavior I alluded to in my previous post.  You are better than this.

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

Another thing:  If you were a four or five star recruit with plenty of options, would you want to play for NU after reading many of the negative and personal-attack comments (on both this board & local news-sites) made against both players and coaches from what sometimes seems like the most entitlement-minded fan base in college football?  I know I'd think twice.

I REMEMBER MY FIRST BEER TIME ON THE INTERNET

• Plus1 2

Message Boards are for the fans to rant and rave on.  They are not for recruiting.  Troll some other boards out there and you will see on each one where a few want Saban fired.  Urban Meyer fired............!

IF we lose recruits because of some message board comments, then they weren't meant to wear Husker Red.  

One more season like what we have had, 9-4 or 8-5 or worse and this program will start to tear its self down to a point of no return.  Losing a Thanksgiving showcase game(Eichorst is lying) is just the start of losing some clout within the Big 10.  Eichorst could care less about Huskers playing on Black Friday, but our fans and maybe even certain boosters think other wise.  Sorry SE, you can't really escape this one either.  Douche Bag central.  How in the world can such a prideful school hire such bafoons as AD's?  How?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Landlord said:

idk how you define teams with a pulse, but the way I understand it, we've mostly played pretty decent against pulse teams

2015 #21 Wisconsin - lost by two points

2015 #22 Northwestern - lost by two points

2015 #6 Michigan State - won by one point

2015 #3 Iowa - lost by eight points

2016 #9 Wisconsin - lost by six points in overtime

2016 #6 Ohio State - lost by 59 points

2016 #22 Tennessee - lost by fourteen points

that beat down by Iowa  and ohio st. last yr. tennessee most of the game just from last yr.

how about games  where we actually look good and not trying to scramble and come from behind

sometime you have to win these games

On 9/14/2017 at 4:13 PM, StPaulHusker said:

This makes me sad for Nebraska

And all of them coaching significantly less time than Riley.  Dabo, Jimbo, Bob were first time HC's....Tressel at a FCS school.  Those listed are some of the most successful guys in the game.  Something to be said for reaching a high level of success in a short amount of time.