Who should we hire

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

Scott Frost is still a fairly significant gamble as a head coach, particularly for a place like Nebraska.

If we get anyone, it definitely has to be a tried and true coach.  No more of this great recruiter, crappy manager or great defensive mind, crappy recruiter.  We need a coach who knows how to win, has proven it, and can get himself and his staff up and running quickly.  Pay the coach what he's worth and stop playing cheapskate with a brand name coach.

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Scott Frost is still a fairly significant gamble as a head coach, particularly for a place like Nebraska.

He took an 0-12 UCF and win 6-7 last year.  He was a winner as a player, a winner as WR Coach and OC and doing well as a HC.  We hired a guy who was neither of those and took a 9-4 program to 5-7, then 9-4 and now possibly 1-11.........I'd roll the dice.  Bring the prodigal son home....

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, Enhance said:

This is antiquated thinking.  The hard truth is no big names are coming.  We need to go with a younger, hungrier coach and Frost fits that bill.  We are going to have to show some upsets vs. teams that now own the BIG like Wisconsin, OSU, Mich., and even Ped State.  We are no longer the big name on the block and I think a younger hungrier coach with a lot to prove is probably the best way for us to go.  

• Plus1 1
Just now, chamrocck said:

This is antiquated thinking.  The hard truth is no big names are coming.  We need to go with a younger, hungrier coach and Frost fits that bill.  We are going to have to show some upsets vs. teams that now own the BIG like Wisconsin, OSU, Mich., and even Ped State.  We are no longer the big name on the block and I think a younger hungrier coach with a lot to prove is probably the best way for us to go.  

The new Devaney...

3 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

Les Miles seemed pretty excited in the Press box; obviously still passionate, excited about college football. Thoughts?

I dont know enough about les miles but would he be a good AD with his experience in coaching and then bring in a scott frost??? I think AD has to be addressed...like it or not football is the focus of nebraska...the AD has to be a football guy first

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

He took an 0-12 UCF and win 6-7 last year.  He was a winner as a player, a winner as WR Coach and OC and doing well as a HC.  We hired a guy who was neither of those and took a 9-4 program to 5-7, then 9-4 and now possibly 1-11.........I'd roll the dice.  Bring the prodigal son home....

Exactly.  You are seeing young coaches come in and do well across the board.  Durkin at Maryland has done well.  OU's Riley is only a few games in but has his team playing well.  We need a coach with good coaching acumen, and I could care less if he has coached 3 years or 30 years.  

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I don't think antiquated is the right adjective. I can understand someone believing it's a safe or reserved opinion of Frost, but antiquated?

He's been a head coach one season and Nebraska has spent the last 15 years taking gambles. I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, to be clear.