Who should we hire

29 minutes ago, Hoosker said:

Chip Kelly ran the damn ball.

A lot.

At a pace that defenses hated.

We would be lucky to have him.

two words-Lagarrete Blount.  you want those kind of punks running around lincoln at night?  add to that the number of probations the ncaa placed on him and the team and Bo looks like a priest.  he's unemployed for a reason.

6 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

We need to pay a HC close to $5M or get the young guy Frost. Those are the only two options IMO. Riley was 42nd highest paid coach. That ain't gonna get it done 

Which is why Chip Kelly is a strong choice. The new AD isn't looking for his guy, he'll be looking for THE guy. No noteworthy, long term friendship backstory. Just win

16 minutes ago, 3gunhusker said:

two words-Lagarrete Blount.  you want those kind of punks running around lincoln at night?  add to that the number of probations the ncaa placed on him and the team and Bo looks like a priest.  he's unemployed for a reason.

Please tell me you're trolling.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

its not going to happen. But I'd give Chip Kelly a blank check for himeself and a blank check for his assistant pool. Craziest part of the whole Chip Kelly thing is Mark Helfrich needs a job and could presumably be OC. 

Kelly would be a really interesting choice although I'm not sure if he could deal with the fishbowl known as Lincoln.  I'd be thrilled if they somehow landed Kelly.

8 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

Wait...so if we would have paid Riley 5 or 6 Million, he'd be succeeding?

No, it's the fact that we hired someone who has coached for 30 years and was only worth being paid the 42nd highest in CFB. That should have been the first red flag. We need to dig into the pocket book and get a big name coach and quit pissing around 

• Plus1 3