Fire Cavanaugh

Just now, LaunchCode said:

Good question, and tough to answer with certainty because it's my view lines play and develop best as units not a collection of individuals. Any good D is going to expose and attack where they think the weakest/least experienced link in your line is.    

This gets to part of my thought process in recruiting, have we recruited in a manner which allows for development of a unit versus a piecemeal approach that's a constant revolving door of players?  Obviously players come and go in college so how is this being accounted for in recruiting of Olinemen?  Is factoring in both natural and unnatural attrition being properly addressed so our stockpile of depth and continuity as units is developing as it should? I'm in serious doubt of this.

What do you think?       

I'm not totally sure what you're getting at here, but yeah I think we have recruited that way under Frost. Landing the big recruits that we can (Benhart, Corcoran, Teddy), recruiting other more developmental guys to build out the depth, and adding from the portal (Nouli, Miller) to try and keep up with departures. In what way does our recruiting not account for players leaving, or not factor in attrition. Do you just think we should have signed more than 3 this year? 

4 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

What do you think?  

Linemen tend to take a couple years in a system to develop as the unit you describe.  They also usually need time in the strength program to gain strength and size to be really good. 

So, it’s impossible to critique fully Frost’s O line recruiting and development just yet. 

The room needed a major upgrade when he arrived. The vast majority of his recruits are either freshmen or sophomores.  

Example, imagine if Jurgens was allowed to develop In the system a couple years before starting at center. You would have never seen his first two years of bad snaps.  Fan’s opinion of him would be very different after seeing him just this year. 

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Linemen tend to take a couple years in a system to develop as the unit you describe.  They also usually need time in the strength program to gain strength and size to be really good. 

So, it’s impossible to critique fully Frost’s O line recruiting and development just yet. 

The room needed a major upgrade when he arrived. The vast majority of his recruits are either freshmen or sophomores.  

Example, imagine if Jurgens was allowed to develop In the system a couple years before starting at center. You would have never seen his first two years of bad snaps.  Fan’s opinion of him would be very different after seeing him just this year. 

I'm not going to fault anyone for having a positive outlook or try to talk them out of it.  I hope your view point proves to be the correct one over time. 

Sports are supposed to provide enrichment and enjoyment to fans lives, not be a point of ongoing misery, agony, and hopelessness.  In the grand scheme of things (knock on wood) it can only get better from here right, so I'll try to soak in some of your positive vibes, relax, and hope for a better tomorrow!