If we lose a CLOSE game to Northern Illinois

speedtoburn

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Why does there have to be Riley Lovers and Riley Haters?  Why can't we just watch the games, support the team, and hope for the best?  That doesn't make you're a Riley lover, it makes you a Husker fan.

...and sort of a balanced human being who doesn't place their self worth on the backs of a bunch of 18 year old strangers.  All of these monkey minded worst case scenario predictions are making me wonder about the whole experience.  I trust that the very talented players and very smart staff are working their butts off to win games so I'm just going to support them and hope we have a good season.

And for crying out loud, beat Iowa.

• Plus1 3
35 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Nebraska isn't losing to NIU at home with NIU starting their back up freaking QB.  Nebraska minus less than 3 TDs is a gift.  Bet NU, get rich and buy some tasty stuff instead of that nasty Natty Ice swill you're used to drinking.

To be fair, our backup is better than the starter. But that is a low bar, admittedly. The backup has more upside, easily, but might make an extra mistake or two. After the first 2 games my guess is 40-24 Nebraska. I could live with that, and it's close to the spread it looks like. I just don't want another blowout.

32 minutes ago, Red_Payne said:

As a person who didnt take the Oregon loss as hard as others (imo)

i would take a close loss to NIU pretty hard regardless of whether its a close low scoring affair; or a shootout...

we really should (and quite frankly, need) a nice, cushiony win here.

I want to see us win it going away, something in the neighborhood of us putting 40-50 points up while limiting them to 14-17 points.

38 minutes ago, jaws said:

Between Ohio State and Nebraska fans I honestly don't know who the worse fansbase is after a loss. I will just call it a tie.

Oh sure, you can't even let us have this one little distinction.

Its bad enough you have to out do us at most passing yards allowed.

#selfish

• Plus1 7
5 hours ago, lo country said:

If we lose, I think every can agree that Riley would actual be on the hot seat.  Not the fan reaction, but the bonafide WTH do we do now realization that this guy was the wrong hire.  I thought the close game against ASU would light a fire, but it didn't.  I truly think Oregon did.  This includes the team and staff.  Riley seemed pissed. (As pissed as he can be in the presser) I think NI gets pounded.

He did say the word "bad" a lot during the presser.

8 hours ago, El Diaco said:

Oh sure, you can't even let us have this one little distinction.

Its bad enough you have to out do us at most passing yards allowed.

#selfish

Fine, you can have the distinction of the worse fan base after a loss. Some of these illogical threads are painful to see. OSU fans haven't gone full nuclear this year like they did after the VT loss in 2014. 

32 minutes ago, jaws said:

Fine, you can have the distinction of the worse fan base after a loss. Some of these illogical threads are painful to see. OSU fans haven't gone full nuclear this year like they did after the VT loss in 2014. 

On behalf of everyone I apologize for leaving the question in doubt but in our defense this was only a 7 point loss (as 14 point underdogs) to a respectable team. I'm sure we'll do it up right and make you proud if we should happen to drop one to an unworthy. These illogical threads are painful but they keep a certain segment occupied much the same way a coloring book helps out the kiddos on a long car trip.

• Plus1 2

How about the flip-side.  If the Huskers go out and demolish NIU, like 63 - 10, would everyone then be 100% for Riley and the rest of the team/coaches?  OR...what if Irma regains strength again over Missouri and hits Lincoln as a Category 4 hurricane...would fans take that as a sign from God that Riley, SE and the Cable Guy all need to go?!!!

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

How about the flip-side.  If the Huskers go out and demolish NIU, like 63 - 10, would everyone then be 100% for Riley and the rest of the team/coaches?  OR...what if Irma regains strength again over Missouri and hits Lincoln as a Category 4 hurricane...would fans take that as a sign from God that Riley, SE and the Cable Guy all need to go?!!!

If a cat 4 hurricane hit Nebraska would make a better topic of discussion than this one, that's for sure.