Minnesota replacing Iowa as Nebraska's Thanksgiving Game

knapplc

Come on man, we've always played on Black Friday. Since I can remember.  Want to ass something to it, bring back OU.  If you want to make it a rivalry, give me Penn St.  I still can't stand them for the "L" shaped end zone.....For older fans, it makes sense to have them.  Or even Michicken.....

I hate the idea. I really think it is one more move pushing NU towards mediocrity.  

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

But this reasoning makes no sense when the B1G is going to force us to play at least 1 Friday game a year. Why are we alright with a random Friday but not Black Friday. 

This is had better come with the removal of ALL Friday games from our schedule. 

• Plus1 2

After thinking about it, I guess I'm not too fussed. I don't really want to force a rivalry; I would rather let one develop organically. But the B1G has a different feel to it anyway; I feel like we have four or five big games as opposed to one anymore.

It will be kind of odd to end the season with a game that doesn't really have much history or angst.... no disrespect to Minnesota.

I remember 1989 if for nothing else that Oklahoma-Nebraska wasn't on television and it was VERY weird. To this day I don't know anything about the game except that we won and that it didn't mean anything because we'd lost to CU already.

I think part of the issue is that we aren't special anymore. Right now we aren't much more than a volleyball school that plays football. Putting us on television makes most of the country yawn these days.

6 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Minnesota fans will be the mostupset about that change.

Quite right.

I don't want to speak for all Wisconsin fans, but the so-called rivalry between Minnesota and Wisconsin has had an increasingly small significance for Badger fans. It's always nice to beat annoying little brother (as I'm sure it was nice to beat your border rivals Kansas and Kansas State every year) but I think younger generations of Badger fans would very much get on board with replacing that dying end-of-the-year rivalry with an Iowa or even Nebraska matchup.

The older generations of Badger fans will balk at replacing Minnesota as a rival, but it's just been so boring for so long for the younger fans.

Think of it this way: Freshmen in high school have never known a world where Wisconsin hasn't beaten Minnesota in this so-called "rivalry game" every year. Time to change it up!

Yeah not thrilled with the harmonious "Screw Black Friday" thing Riley and ADSE are singing.  Very simple solution here if they honestly think 1 day males such a difference in preperation for the game:

SCHEDULE

A

PATSY

THE

WEEK

BE......FORE!

Aka, SEC scheduling.  Purdue, Northwestern, Iowa are all fine games to play in weeks 1 and 2.

• Plus1 2