What did we learn-Game 3 NIU

JJ Husker

5 minutes ago, HuskerInLostWages said:

Oh and Rileys press conference, today sounds like he knows he's sh!t the bed.  I think he may be reading the writing on the wall, he doesn't sound enthusiastic at all.

So tired of his non-enthusiastic demeanor on the sidelines, even Holly Sonders said that in the first half, she didn't see any excitement or urgency from our players.  Love him or hate him, at least Bo got his players and people excited from time to time.  This staff needs to go and take the AD with them.  Embarrassing.

• Plus1 1

It's not so much learned as what is confirmed.

Langsdorf, no matter what might be working, will always try to defer to the pass. Because chicks dig the long ball.

The depth at RB is atrocious.

No one on the coaching staff can read, or do simple math. I think they might have thought Nebraska was ahead late.

This offensive system is flat out offensive because even with the "system" guy in, it's still a dumpster fire.

Mike Riley is the nice Bill Callahan.

Edited by saunders45
No need for name calling
  • Plus1 3

This is what happens when you have a career 500 coach who is "OK" with losing.  this is exactly what he in when he coached the Chargers.  However for all the Riley apologists out there.. he is the nicest head coach in America.  this may be the season where the sell out streak ends.  to be honest, I don't see any sure wins on NU''s schedule with this staff.  It is obvious to me now, we are at the same level as Rutgers.  Illinois and Purdue are now most likely loses.  Wisky, OSU, Penn State, Iowa are going to be embarrassing blowouts if "the nicest coach in America" cannot earn his paycheck and right this ship.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, CharBroiled said:

It's not so much learned as what is confirmed.

Langsdork, no matter what might be working, will always try to defer to the pass. Because chicks dig the long ball.

The depth at RB is atrocious.

No one on the coaching staff can read, or do simple math. I think they might have thought Nebraska was ahead late.

This offensive system is flat out offensive because even with the "system" guy in, it's still a dumpster fire.

Mike Riley is the nice Bill Callahan.

We really don't know.  Other than maybe 1 or 2 runs a game, the only person running the ball is the starter.  I'd love to see what Bradley can do since they said they were burning his redshirt.

Luke McNitt is the only positive on offense today.

other than that, nothing should have been learned.

Putting your players in positions to succeed is all coaching is.  This staff has shown to have no clue on how to succeed doing this for all years/games they've been here.

From clock/urgency issues, to substitution stubbornness.  It is one fail after the next.

There were some that overlooked the "nice guy" card and focused on results and trends of his programs.  Lines were drawn when assistant decisions were made.  Some saw past the few nice recruiting pick ups to see an overall Class resembling recruiting years past.  Are those posters jumping with joy??  No just accepting the fate expected.  Disappointed of what it has come to.

you can say what you want about Bo, but one thing his teams had way more then current teams was a fight/attitude/swagger.  Before certain games are mentioned that we all know took place, think to yourself how really was today's performance any different than those games.  No fight, attitude,confidence,swagger, life are traits these recent teams have shown time and time again.

That is all, salvage the rest of it and have a nice day people.

ps. My top three sport events today were

1. GGG vs Canelo 

2. Cubs vs Cards

3. NU vs NIU

lets hope the top two go better

• Plus1 2

1. Tanner Lee is exactly who the scouts said he is.  Not bad when he has time, terrible when he doesn't.

2. No part of this team is consistently good.  If anything, we're consistently bad on offense, defense, and special teams.

3. I want to like Riley and his staff, but what I saw today makes that almost impossible.

4. There's no longer an "automatic win" game for the Huskers.

5. I've seen all I need to see of Nebraska football this season.  For me, the off-season has already begun.

• Plus1 2