What did we learn-Game 3 NIU

JJ Husker

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I'd say get O'Brien AND Gebbia ready and see who plays best. No more future-star worship......play the guy who can do the job.

They'd all look sh**ty behind this line...

• Plus1 2

8 minutes ago, Branno said:

I learned what it must have felt like to my dad during the Callahan years. 

I learned that my 5-7 prediction is probably right on the money. 

I learned that I hate being right. 

I learned that I’m getting pretty close to not caring about Nebraska football anymore. 

Where are you seeing 4 more wins?  I'm not trying to be a argumentative, but i dont see 5 more wins.  We may end up last in B1G.

No leadership or hungry players.  Everyone is used to all the support and fanfare that it is now taken for granted.  It is actually working against us.  Can anyone name someone they saw out there that looked like they were leading anything?  The head coach...how about another stick of gum?  The QB...awful body language.  On defense?  See any Blackshirts?  Nope...just a bunch of guys who can't get it together pre-snap because so many ill-prepared guys out there.  There are no big plays/hits on defense needed so much for momentum in the college game.  When your OL is getting their ass handed to them there is no fire in that unit either.  We have zero playmakers or leaders on either side of the ball.       

2 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

I get it - this is disappointing, but the regents & admin have gone all-in on Riley & Co.  He will be Head Coach for at least 2-3 more years before handing the reigns to Langs.

Ok, sunshine is still welcome after days like today, but your last five words prove you've lost touch with reality and are in some world of denial

• Plus1 4

I truly believed that we were gonna see the "real" Tanner Lee today... That was assuming that he would have slightly better protection, though.

However, it seems we have seen our "real" offensive line; and that is an O-line that has NOT improved from last year; and that was, perhaps, one of the worst O-line groups that Neb. put out onto the field... well, ever.

With THAT said, Tanner Lee (when he had a relatively clean pocket/time) is a good; certainly NOT great passer. Avg. accuracy (which is bad for a 'pocket passer) and he has bellow avg. decision making. (seems to lock into one receiver) He also doesn't seem to ever check into/out of plays, but that may be do to coaches not giving him the OK to do that; but if he was all that he was hyped to be, he should be given those reigns.

Typically, O-line that can't protect an immobile QB = LOOOOONG season.

As always (admittedly, I'm getting a little tired of saying this every week), Hope the coaching staff can get this turned around before next game.

4 minutes ago, Wild Savage Beast said:

I get it - this is disappointing, but the regents & admin have gone all-in on Riley & Co.  He will be Head Coach for at least 2-3 more years before handing the reigns to Langs.

b0HKkTT.gif

1 hour ago, HuskerMan said:

I learned that I will probably be getting more stuff done on Saturdays this year.  I just don't know if I can go through this week in and out once we get to conference play.

I am sick with the flu already!  I had to turn the game off and just read the Huskerboard for updates.  It was that sickening for me to watch the game.  It's just so sad you guys.  If Lee would've just been sacked for those two interceptions he threw we would've won this game.  I wish he would just eat it when there isn't an open man instead of firing into a guy who has 3 people covering him!!! 

• Plus1 1