If Riley is truly a nice guy...

1 hour ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Riley most certainly came here for one last shot, and to try it out with what Nebraska had to offer compared to Oregon State. I think his decision to leave Oregon State and take the Nebraska offer had to do a little with the pressure he was starting to get from OSU. But nonetheless, he did not come here to capture a nice paid retirement package. I think Riley's intentions were good, I think his intentions are good, he just simply isn't the answer at Nebraska.

This is a program that expects excellence and winning, whether or not these days that's a realistic expectation at Nebraska, it is what we expect and what this program was built on. So as a coach you have to accept these conditions and do what you can to achieve it. Year 3 and absolutely no progress has been made. You don't date someone for three years knowing you wont marry them when your ultimate end goal is finding that special someone for marriage.

Riley is an incredibly nice guy, as we were all told when he was hired. "He's a nice guy." That stands true and he is a 10000% better image of a coach for this program then Pelini was, but he doesn't win.

Like, if he came here legitimately to have one last shot, but this is the result, then yes, he did just come here for the money.  Proof is in the pudding regardless of you tell us or what he tells himself.

4 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Hey man maybe take the next few plays off and cool down.  You seem a little upset.  Go drink a beer or maybe a refreshing Mike's.

Wow bob...why does my opinion seem to be causing you so many problems. Maybe you should go drink a beer and not take huskerboard so seriously. Geez. 

Just now, C-4 said:

Hey man, just looking out for you. Don't want you being in an environment with people who curse about coaches.

Cursing is one thing, but to call

someone an a-hole without even knowing them seems a little

much.  But hey you do you, guy.

Just now, California Husker said:

Wow bob...why does my opinion seem to be causing you so many problems. Maybe you should go drink a beer and not take huskerboard so seriously. Geez. 

Coming from the guy who's ranting and raving on said message board is priceless.

Just now, Football Guy Bob said:

Coming from the guy who's ranting and raving on said message board is priceless.

Haha, ranting and raving? Boy bob, you do have a flair for the dramatic. Dude, if my opinion is causing you such consternation, there are a bunch of other posts you can read. You don't have to read mine. 

4 minutes ago, The Snork said:

Hell even Howard Schnellenberger had the decency to resign after 1 failed year at Oklahoma.   What Riley and Co are doing right now is stealing,   plain and simple.

Yes, and a thief is not a "nice guy". When did someone ever steal something from you and you said: "What a nice guy"? When someone stole from you, you said: "Some a**hole stole from me. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, teachercd said:

I don't think so, I think he really did come here for that "last shot" I just think he is exactly what most of us fans thought he was going to be.  I think he is doing what he thinks is best I just think he is an average coach, at best.  

Like I said before.  His wife hates it here, she wants to move back and the writing is on the wall that this last stop is not working out like they (he) thought.  He very well might "retire" with a buyout at the end of the season.

Nope.   If that were true, he'd have worked harder at assembling a better staff.   Instead he decided he was captain of the Beaver lifeboat.   He simply brought his merry band of idiots from Corvallis -- Banker, Read, Langsdorf and Cavanaugh.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric locked this topic