Shawn Eichorst speaks to the Media

ScawFraw

6 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Exactly, that's the problem we've been dealing with for a decade now. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Not saying Riley should stay here, but we've been stuck in the same rut forever now. If we bring someone in here they need to be able to run an offense and a defensive system that works with the players that are already here.

We haven't hired the right guy.  Fuentes is doing well.  McElwain is doing well.....Harbaugh is doing well.  Good coaches can make the talent fit the scheme.  All are winning with the other guys players....Riley didn't win with his own at OSU and his retread OSU staff isn't winning with them here....

Had Bo been able to keep Carl and Marvin, things might have been different.  He was  hired and brought along a bunch of guys with no experience......... He couldnt adjust as there was no "experience" to draw from.  Cally was a square peg round hole guy who out together a crap tastic staff.  Riley brought the apple dumpling gand from OSU.  And people bought into the he'll do better with more......That's like saying a sh!tty driver will do better with a more powerful car.....

Hire a guy with a proven system.  A guy who has won at a lower level.  

This board, prior to the hiring of Riley, had great names.  All successful, all with a definite system, all proven winners...We hired Mr Rogers because he's the nicest friggin coach in America. Listen to people talk about him.  Nice, great guy, friendly,......But nothing about winner, driven, systematic in approach, prove etc....We hired a friggin .500 coach and thats what we got...

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

We haven't hired the right guy.  Fuentes is doing well.  McElwain is doing well.....Harbaugh is doing well.  Good coaches can make the talent fit the scheme.  All are winning with the other guys players....Riley didn't win with his own at OSU and his retread OSU staff isn't winning with them here....

Had Bo been able to keep Carl and Marvin, things might have been different.  He was  hired and brought along a bunch of guys with no experience......... He couldnt adjust as there was no "experience" to draw from.  Cally was a square peg round hole guy who out together a crap tastic staff.  Riley brought the apple dumpling gand from OSU.  And people bought into the he'll do better with more......That's like saying a sh!tty driver will do better with a more powerful car.....

Hire a guy with a proven system.  A guy who has won at a lower level.  

This board, prior to the hiring of Riley, had great names.  All successful, all with a definite system, all proven winners...We hired Mr Rogers because he's the nicest friggin coach in America. Listen to people talk about him.  Nice, great guy, friendly,......But nothing about winner, driven, systematic in approach, prove etc....We hired a friggin .500 coach and thats what we got...

And when you do that you hope you are finding the next Urban Meyer, but you might end up getting something else all together and remain unsuccessful. Nebraska isn't as a desirable job as any of us like to think it is anymore. It's obvious the school wants to be cheap to try and get another championship and be relevant again. It's not always that easy........

I wish we could get a coach in here who understands our culture.  We are a smash mouth, running football culture.  I miss that so much.  I feel sorry for these boys.  Some of them have so much potential.  It won't surprise me if Les Miles talks his son into transferring to another team.  Same with Bookie.  Unless, they want to stay and fight and make this team a great team.  It's so sad, especially for those of us who have been around since Nebraska's glory days.  I would love it if Scott Frost could come home and coach this team.  He at least understands the culture.  I was hoping that Coach Riley would retire and Scott would be offered big bucks (which we have) to come here and bring out program back to dominance.  But for now I'm afraid we're stuck.  It would be lunacy to fire a coach 3 games into the season.  It's going to be a looonnggg season boys and girls.  Blah!