Shawn Eichorst speaks to the Media

ScawFraw

32 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

And then what? We fire Riley and his whole crew, hire a new coach and next year we are putting square pegs in round holes again as the new coach tries to get the players to fit his system.

Aren't all the other Nebraska sports doing better?

You go out and break the bank and hire a PROVEN winning head coach that gets results. Stoops retired hell it wouldn't hurt to wave $7 mil a year in his face to see if he bites. Maybe, just maybe the challenge will spark his interest. He's still relatively young and he's a guy I just don't think will stay retired but I could be wrong and he could end up like Jon Gruden.

If not Stoops, then you try and find someone else. 

Chip Kelly is available, too. We need to get the best head coach we can find. We haven't opened the check book before on a proven coach. No more OJT no more .500 career coaches.

1 minute ago, lo country said:

And Diaco was paid $840k to nutlet it happen.......or Oregon, or ASU.......(Full disclosure, I'd bag on Langs as well, but to lazy to look up his salary)

But I agree, we lost money and our reputation today....

According to some, our reputation has been long gone for years now.

40 minutes ago, Husker_Bohunk said:

And then what? We fire Riley and his whole crew, hire a new coach and next year we are putting square pegs in round holes again as the new coach tries to get the players to fit his system.

It's that way with almost every coaching change. The good ones are able to mesh them together and put the players they have in the best position to win. Or they continually improve year after year, not regress.

20 minutes ago, 1995 Redux said:

I am surprised so many of us seem to thing Athletic Director only handles football.

I think it depends which college we are talking about, but at Nebraska the success of the football program determines the success of the AD.  It's just how it is.  The football program brings in tons of revenue that helps support the other programs.  The Nebraska AD will always be judged by how well the football team is doing.  It's no different than Kentucky and the success of the basketball program.  Do you not think that if Calipari retired and his replacement had the team under-performing consistently, yet the Kentucky Equestrian team was lighting it up, that Kentucky fans would want to retain that AD?  

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/909158343008292866

• Plus1 2

TL/DR: Eichorst needs to be gone NOW and a new search for the next coach needs to begin.

An out of work coach with a national championship resume was sitting in the press box fawning all over our team on national television. I'm not sure if Les Miles is the answer or if our program even has the ability to make a "splash hire" anymore, but if the university, the regents, and the boosters are ever going to be serious about committing to excellence, Eichirst should be fired today, and Les Miles should not be allowed to leave town without some conversations, and a tour and a nice dinner, with some regents and boosters. 

Eichorst has has never shown the balls nor ability to be the right leader for Nebraska, and our luster has faded so much by this point that something big needs to happen soon or we will fade into permanent irrelevance like Minnesota and Illinois. The have a bunch of dusty old championship trophies that no one remembers also.

The iron is hot, someone (whoever controls the purse strings and has the collective influence to get it done) needs to strike now. Eichorst needs to be gone immediately, and we need to start showing a commitment to pursue the best coaches who may be available. Lots of big programs have coaches on the hot seat this season, Nebraska might as well start the search early and go all in. Or forever hold our peace.

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, NebraskaHarry said:

I'm guessing nothing changes and we as fans will endure another year of this next year. Sound fun?

I'll be the first to admit, if nothing changes I'm out. This is pathetic football and I can spend my Saturday's much more productively if this is the on field performance we're going to get. Might not mean much, but I'm for sure out. 

ADSE is worse than bad.  He has ruined the culture inside the Athletic Dep't in only ways that Steve Pederson could.  Ask any of the coaches in the entire program except Riley.  The Athletic Dept is crumbling from the inside out and it is showing on the field in all sports except a few where the coaches do not even have his support and are on their own.  

This starts at the Top.  He must be let go as soon as possible.  Then everything can start the long road to repair.  
  • Plus1 1