Path to 5 wins?

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

I was in favor of firing Riley very early in the season, and I was quite vocal about it throughout the season.  I don't remember being attacked one single time.

"Fire the guy now" is about as negative as it can get without getting personal.  So I'm curious what opinions actually triggered attacks.

Also true. The rilievers? Stopped after the NIU game.

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

Pretty much ditto on all of it, except that the 9 win season ended with a resounding THUD and i could see we were trending down.  After Ark st, i didn't think much of it - i never get too hung up on what the first game looks like for any team.  I thought, "we'll, that was ugly, but it was a quality team and the Huskers will get better".... bhahahahahahah.  What a fool i was.  

Then Oregon happened, and despite the fact that they did try and make a game of it, it was definitely a harbinger of things to come.

NIU loss was THE final straw for me on his tenure - up to that point, like you, i did my best to support a guy who I really didn't want leading my favorite team, but tried to make the best of it, waiting for the experiment to finally be over.

The only consolation I had after NU's loss to NIU was that the following Monday or Tursday the AD who hired Riley was fired.  That's when I knew Riley was gone.  The only regret was I knew we'd have to wait until the season was over.  If I could have, I would have fired Eichorst, Riley, and Langsdorf immediately after the loss.  I would have named (more than likely) Diaco as interim coach even though he was as big of a dumpster fire as Riley was.  

But now we have Frost and things are FINALLY looking up for Nebraska.  Okay, no more comments or mentioning the past regimes for me (except for TO of course).  I am going to focus on the bright future, not the dim past.

9 hours ago, KingBlank said:

That's false, the rampant pro Riley propaganda was all over this board.  If you said anything negative someone will still have tried to spin time, facility, somehow blame Bo.  

"Rampant pro Riley propoganda?"

I remember a lot of Riley criticisms that were agreed upon or went without argument well before the season started. I made many of those arguments myself despite trying to maintain some modicum of optimism. But, I also ignore a lot of debates that go down familiar or tired paths (like Bo bashing), so perhaps my perception is a bit warped.

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Regarding Diaco, I figured the defense would struggle some...changing schemes is not easy and there are always "growing pains."

I expected that on both sides of the ball - struggles early in the season due to all the new stuff. But I didn't expect 'lose to Northern Illinois' level struggles. And of course, once Eichorst was fired, we all knew it was a lame duck season, even if we didn't want to openly admit it and still wanted to support the players.

17 hours ago, Making Chimichangas said:

The only consolation I had after NU's loss to NIU was that the following Monday or Tursday the AD who hired Riley was fired.  That's when I knew Riley was gone.  The only regret was I knew we'd have to wait until the season was over.  If I could have, I would have fired Eichorst, Riley, and Langsdorf immediately after the loss.  I would have named (more than likely) Diaco as interim coach even though he was as big of a dumpster fire as Riley was.  

But now we have Frost and things are FINALLY looking up for Nebraska.  Okay, no more comments or mentioning the past regimes for me (except for TO of course).  I am going to focus on the bright future, not the dim past.

If i could have, i would have fired the lot of them after losing to Turdue in near blowout fashion and losing to Illinois by a point because of bone headed crap.  But, yeah, I'm looking forward to the future... bumpy road ahead and all.

3 hours ago, Dilly Dilly said:

If i could have, i would have fired the lot of them after losing to Turdue in near blowout fashion and losing to Illinois by a point because of bone headed crap.  But, yeah, I'm looking forward to the future... bumpy road ahead and all.

Come on.  Purdue had more talent than we did.

• Plus1 1

I expect 7 or more regular seasons wins. I am not predicting on a game by game basis, but on improvement. If we still had MR without SE forcing him to fire assistants, and micro-managing, I am guessing we would have won 6 games last year. The ineptness of Diaco alone is worth a 2 game improvement. Frost vs MR is worth a couple games even if it is a transition year. The transition is smoother because Frost brought his entire staff and many support personnel. I predict at least 20 years pass before the Huskers lose to Purdue again.

• Plus1 1