To the day, I joined these forums 9 years and 11 months ago.

Mike Harvat

I wanted to see what people were saying amidst all the rumors of hirings, firings, and other what-ifs.

It's super, super depressing to come here today feeling like nothing has changed. Maybe that's only how I feel today, but dang. With all the 2007 talk going around Twitter and elsewhere, I can't help but ask: "Is Nebraska any better off? Are we worse off?"

How about those of you who have been here longer - does it have a familiar feel around here? Like I said, I arrived in the middle of the downward spiral so I can't accurately gauge the trajectory and attitude of the fans. How are you feeling about the situation?

• Plus1 1

Ugh, that's what my gut is telling me...but I'm not sure it's a fair comparison is it? Nebraska had more cultural clout, more talent, and a 2001/2 national championship game still latent in our memories. Back then it felt like Callahan was burning the program to the ground. Now it feels like Riley's trying to start an old lawnmower that just won't kick into gear.

did No Illinois have more talent? I can't even find a ranking of their last 5 recruiting classes in the top 100

if talent was the only thing that predicted a winning team then all the KSU's of the world would have consistent losing seasons and teams like Boise State couldn't possibly beat an Oklahoma- forget the recruiting star wars, we'll never win it, and even if we did this herd of numbnuts couldn't win with them anyway

• Plus1 1

If there is no accountability on a team, how can you expect them to Win?!

The fact that Riley & Co, did nothing to the players that were arrested this summer, just tells the players and staff that it just doesn't matter.

Coaches leaking to players when random drug tests are going to take place, allowing recruits to go to all night frat parties and getting wasted out of their minds, like Keyshawn.

If you slap the wrist of your coach that just had his 3rd DUI on a major recruiting weekend, then your players don't think they can get in trouble either.  And then noting happens once they are in trouble.

When you allow your coaches like Donte Williams to go to strip clubs while representing Nebraska during satellite camps, what do you think will happen??!!

THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY WITHIN THE NEBRASKA FOOTBALL PROGRAM.  THE CULTURE IS STRIPPED. 

29 minutes ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

If there is no accountability on a team, how can you expect them to Win?!

The fact that Riley & Co, did nothing to the players that were arrested this summer, just tells the players and staff that it just doesn't matter.

Coaches leaking to players when random drug tests are going to take place, allowing recruits to go to all night frat parties and getting wasted out of their minds, like Keyshawn.

If you slap the wrist of your coach that just had his 3rd DUI on a major recruiting weekend, then your players don't think they can get in trouble either.  And then noting happens once they are in trouble.

When you allow your coaches like Donte Williams to go to strip clubs while representing Nebraska during satellite camps, what do you think will happen??!!

THERE IS ZERO ACCOUNTABILITY WITHIN THE NEBRASKA FOOTBALL PROGRAM.  THE CULTURE IS STRIPPED. 

This is a super weird post coming from someone whose user name recalls 1995.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, Whistlepig said:

did No Illinois have more talent? I can't even find a ranking of their last 5 recruiting classes in the top 100

if talent was the only thing that predicted a winning team then all the KSU's of the world would have consistent losing seasons and teams like Boise State couldn't possibly beat an Oklahoma- forget the recruiting star wars, we'll never win it, and even if we did this herd of numbnuts couldn't win with them anyway

Clearly Northern Illinois had more talent. That's why they won, and that remains the reason why NU loses. Lack of talent, overpaid staff, complacent fan base.

28 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I joined in September of 2007 as well. Frankie had been fired and we were all hopeful that Pederson was going to turn things around. It went downhill from there. Frankly, things haven't been the same here since Frank Solich was fired.  So incredibly sad. 

Wasn't Frank fired in November of 2003? And Pederson is October of 2007?

17 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

Because the 95 team had players that were criminals and were allowed to play.  

Yes but for the most part, they were suspended for some of the season.  Yes Lawrence Philips case was the most prominent and yes, he probably shouldn't have been allowed to play, but Osborne has addressed that countless times.  Riley, Eichorst & Co. have ZERO accountability in their program.  It's beyond repair what they allow and the kids have performed exactly as they should when there is no discipline or respect.  From the coaches on down, this is what the players are seeing.  Donte Williams comes in and talks a big game and goes to strip clubs every night on the road during satellite camps...on the program's dime.  Why would the players do anything other than what they are doing when they violate team rules by smoking weed, partying their asses off every night with recruits?  Coaches telling them of when their "Random" drug tests are going to be administered.  This is the results of all of this.  You lose to Directional Illinois.

1 minute ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Yes but for the most part, they were suspended for some of the season.  Yes Lawrence Philips case was the most prominent and yes, he probably shouldn't have been allowed to play, but Osborne has addressed that countless times.  Riley, Eichorst & Mohave ZERO accountability in their program.  It's beyond repair what they allow and the kids have performed exe]actly as they should when their is no discipline or respect.  From the coaches on down, this is what the players are seeing.  Donte Williams comes ion and talks a big game and goes to strip clubs every night on the road during satellite camps...on the program's dime.  Why would the players do anything other than what they are doing when they violate team rules by smoking weed.  Coaches telling them of when their "Random" drug tests are going to be administered.  This is the results of all of this.  You lose to Directional Illinois.

I think you missed the point.  

2 minutes ago, returnnutoglory95 said:

Yes but for the most part, they were suspended for some of the season.  Yes Lawrence Philips case was the most prominent and yes, he probably shouldn't have been allowed to play, but Osborne has addressed that countless times.  Riley, Eichorst & Mohave ZERO accountability in their program.  It's beyond repair what they allow and the kids have performed exe]actly as they should when their is no discipline or respect.  From the coaches on down, this is what the players are seeing.  Donte Williams comes ion and talks a big game and goes to strip clubs every night on the road during satellite camps...on the program's dime.  Why would the players do anything other than what they are doing when they violate team rules by smoking weed.  Coaches telling them of when their "Random" drug tests are going to be administered.  This is the results of all of this.  You lose to Directional Illinois.

I think what you're trying to say is, it's okay as long as they win. I'm good with that.