When Coach Riley was hired, I was surprised. Not because I didn't think it was a good hire, but because I never thought he'd leave Corvallis.

Oregon State and TCU are my "secondary teams", and I was hoping to see NU hire a coach from my secondary teams. I was thinking Gary Patterson though.

That being said, when the hire was announced, I thought it was a home run. If Riley could put together those teams in Corvallis that had way more NFL talent than they should have; what could he do in Lincoln? Turns out, pretty much the same.

I contributed to the Tanner Lee hype. I got sucked into the same thing others did; he looks great in a helmet a shorts. He's not so great in a full uniform.

I bought into the Diaco hype. After Banker, what could be worse? Well...

I thought Cav needed to hit the pavement last year. But up until today, I have been an ardent Mike Riley supporter.

So, here I am, requesting my crow. The Riley hire was the wrong hire. Now let's make the right move. Fast.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

I won't be eating crow over Riley, but I will over Diaco.  Thought he was the answer......Was optimistic with Lee.  Surely Langs knows talent. He was with Eli Manning.  Surely the NFL guys can't be wrong.  Damn, dude is ROUGH at QB..

In fairness Diaco's guys were the highlight of the day. They were awful the first two games but kept us in the game today.

213 yards and 7 points. Pretty good.

I'll eat some crow on Riley. The first halves have been a disaster all year and most of Riley's tenure. A quick screen inside the 10? The coaches consistently put the players in bad position on offense today. 

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, skers44 said:

How would you guys feel about 

Frost Hc/playcaller

and 

Diaco DC?

Disco gets a pass, to a degree, as there is no way our guys are set to play a 3-4.....  maybe with his guys.  I think Oregon stopped themselves.  I also think we played an undersized NIU with their back up QB and they looked pretty god against us.  Our DL and middle LB's played well.  Unsure who's bright idea it is to give a 10 yard cushion.....our DB's seem to have taken a step back this year. Williams?  Booker?  

2 minutes ago, Vitalis Jackson said:

I think Diaco's defense is doing fine, at least they show improvement as they play. The offense is a dumpster fire; if T. Lee remains QB next week I predict a three-win season.

I'd be interested if they changed to Gebbia and went 6-6 or 7-5 but looked pretty good doing it, would people warm up to keeping Riley?

2 minutes ago, alwayshusking said:

I'd be interested if they changed to Gebbia and went 6-6 or 7-5 but looked pretty good doing it, would people warm up to keeping Riley?

of course they would but they'd be ignoring the facts again and in the end this will not end well- we could have a team of all american five stars from Calibassas and this will end the same