Impact of Poor Performance on Recruiting

Those articles came out after i made my post to be fair guys. You may see me as glass half empty- but I view it as I am not afraid to objectively look at a situation and say man that might hurt recruiting or that guy might second guess coming if what we are selling is not lining up with whats happening. I dont mean to be negative but I dont have my head stuck in the sand either. I just call it how i see it, if there is things to be positive about i am all about that. If there is negative things I am not afraid to acknowledge those things. I want the huskers to win every game and I would love it to keep all the recruits we have committed now and add more guys. 

I know some of you are very sensitive to what gets said on here because you think Riley and staff read this board. Or recruits. I could maybe see recruits but come on do you really think the staff cares about anything any of us have to say? Or recruits for that matter. I have yet to see a recruit say i am not going to nebraska because the guys on huskerboard.com have been hard on me. There is some good conversation on here at times- but lets be real. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

In fact one said that we were his top school, another was listed as a commit watch by one of those published site authors, and another one we are seemingly sitting well with. To be fair, I can't say much to 93-97 because I was the first to say recruiting would take a big hit. It still could depending on these next games, but the recruits response was about as good as you could hope for coming out of this game.

Well, well, well, at least I know now who to give credit for knowing that recruiting would take a hit.  :-)  I'll +1 your post as well.  :-)

3 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Those articles came out after i made my post to be fair guys. You may see me as glass half empty- but I view it as I am not afraid to objectively look at a situation and say man that might hurt recruiting or that guy might second guess coming if what we are selling is not lining up with whats happening. I dont mean to be negative but I dont have my head stuck in the sand either. I just call it how i see it, if there is things to be positive about i am all about that. If there is negative things I am not afraid to acknowledge those things. I want the huskers to win every game and I would love it to keep all the recruits we have committed now and add more guys. 

I know some of you are very sensitive to what gets said on here because you think Riley and staff read this board. Or recruits. I could maybe see recruits but come on do you really think the staff cares about anything any of us have to say? Or recruits for that matter. I have yet to see a recruit say i am not going to nebraska because the guys on huskerboard.com have been hard on me. There is some good conversation on here at times- but lets be real. 

Fair enough - I didn't verify all that.  Just logged in this morning and saw everything at once.

I appreciate the objectivity - I thought a lot about my comment after I typed it, I mean who am I to question your view on recruiting?  Just feels a little "troll-y" (and I know you're not) when every post is negative about our potential folks.  But maybe your perspective on those who are shoe ins' is that you don't need to comment.  Maybe you're not interested in other stuff.  Anyway - admittedly I'm a glass is almost totally full gal to a fault  - and I hate that I cringe when I see your user name cuz I know it's going to be negative.  :-)  But that's on me.

And the whole staff/recruiting reading thing - I don't worry about that a ton, but I do think recruits come on, I would!  And they've been pretty vocal about how we're the most irritating fan base.  That's not all just based on twitter.

I'm watching Big Red Wrap Up and Bookie was on via phone call. When asked if he was still coming to NU he said he didn't know but Shawn Callahan seems to think Bookie will end up here. We can only hope. 

Edit: I apologize for this post. I went back and listened to the show again and when Kugler asked if fans should be worried about Bookie showing up at NU he said, "Not at all."  

So I'm sorry for sharing the went information. Whew! So glad I was wrong. 

Edited by ladyhawke
Error in information

Well, you can look at it two ways.

1. Nebraska is awful and won't get it done. We will go 5-7 and might be searching for a new head coach. If its a hot up and comer coach some people might stay on board, but most will leave. New system might scare people away but a few are coming here because they love Nebraska not because they love the head coach.

2. Nebraska had a bad start but there is still 9 or 10 games left. Iowa got upset by NDSU last year and they came back to go 8-4 and beat a Michigan team that was in the top ten. They also snuck by a bad Rutgers team by 7 points, and they are next on our schedule. The point is we can still rebound. We could bounce back and go 8-4, win the bowl game and get some momentum in recruiting. Riley would be back and we would see how things go in 2018. 

2 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

No, he never said that

Edit: I apologize for this post. I went back and listened to the show again and when Kugler asked if fans should be worried about Bookie showing up at NU he said, "Not at all."  

So I'm sorry for sharing the went information. Whew! So glad I was wrong. 

Edited by ladyhawke
Error on my part.
  • Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

No, he never said that

You are absolutely correct and I apologize for the error.  I went back and listened to the show again and when Kugler asked if fans should be worried about Bookie showing up at NU he said, "Not at all."  

So I'm sorry for sharing the went information. Whew! So glad I was wrong. Thank you for calling me on this Rike. I apologize for getting huffy in my earlier post. Please forgive.

2 hours ago, ladyhawke said:

You are absolutely correct and I apologize for the error.  I went back and listened to the show again and when Kugler asked if fans should be worried about Bookie showing up at NU he said, "Not at all."  

So I'm sorry for sharing the went information. Whew! So glad I was wrong. Thank you for calling me on this Rike. I apologize for getting huffy in my earlier post. Please forgive.

giphy.gif