Why SE needs to go before we do anything

Hi I'm new.  Despite my chosen name before we do anything we really should lose SE.  I don't think anyone should trust this guy picking whoever MR's successor is.  

SE gave Bo a 7 year contract

SE fired Bo 1 year into that contract

SE hired MR

SE gave MR a secret 1 year contract extension

SE didn't think it would upset people to remove the Black Friday game

Whatever this guy's buyout is, is probably an investment.  Personally, I'm willing to sit through another season and miserable huskerboard to wait.

Also, why would you give someone a secret extension? Were he ashamed of himself?

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Hi I'm new.  Despite my chosen name before we do anything we really should lose SE.  I don't think anyone should trust this guy picking whoever MR's successor is.  

SE gave Bo a 7 year contract

SE fired Bo 1 year into that contract

SE hired MR

SE gave MR a secret 1 year contract extension

SE didn't think it would upset people to remove the Black Friday game

Whatever this guy's buyout is, is probably an investment.  Personally, I'm willing to sit through another season and miserable huskerboard to wait.

Also, why would you give someone a secret extension? Were he ashamed of himself?

You don't have to worry about Eichorst being allowed to hire another football coach at Nebraska. Riley and Eichorst are tied to each other. Nebraska won't fire one without the other.

And the writing is already on the wall anyways. When was the last time Nebraska fans were as in unison about something as they are now? Probably 2007? So for all of Eichorst and Riley's faults, we can at least be glad they finally got the Nebraska fanbase to agree on something, that they both aren't going to cut it in Lincoln.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

You don't have to worry about Eichorst being allowed to hire another football coach at Nebraska. Riley and Eichorst are tied to each other. Nebraska won't fire one without the other.

And the writing is already on the wall anyways. When was the last time Nebraska fans were as in unison about something as they are now? Probably 2007? So for all of Eichorst and Riley's faults, we can at least be glad they finally got the Nebraska fanbase to agree on something, that they both aren't going to cut it in Lincoln.

Then it all falls on Hank Bounds to actually do something. Because unless Riley wins the B1G West (which isn't going to happen) there will be zero investment into the Nebraska football program next season because it will be more of the same.

1 minute ago, BoneyardHusker said:

Then it all falls on Hank Bounds to actually do something. Because unless Riley wins the B1G West (which isn't going to happen) there will be zero investment into the Nebraska football program next season because it will be more of the same.

Exactly. It's him, Ronnie Green and the Board of Regents. And since football is the biggest cash cow for the athletic department, I don't know how they can afford to not fire Eichorst and Riley.

1 minute ago, Hans Gruber said:

Exactly. It's him, Ronnie Green and the Board of Regents. And since football is the biggest cash cow for the athletic department, I don't know how they can afford to not fire Eichorst and Riley.

Not only for the athletic department, but for the entire university, the entire city of Lincoln, and the state of Nebraska. It's a pretty big job, and decision.

1 minute ago, Thurston from Pender said:

SE inked the massive Addidas deal before the season started. Yesterday was another sell out.

Riley is out at the end of the season. SE stays and hires the new head coach: Turner Gill.

Thanks Sean, hey, are you going to hire the next coach on your own or will you get some help this time?

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Thurston from Pender said:

SE inked the massive Addidas deal before the season started. Yesterday was another sell out.

Riley is out at the end of the season. SE stays and hires the new head coach: Turner Gill.

At this point I wouldn't trust SE to pick the right dog sitter to hire, much less HC.  Is anyone else at a different spot than this?

It was Eichorst, who in less than a week as a one-man search committee in December 2014, hired a football coach with a career .547 winning percentage who was on the hot seat at Oregon State and has never won a championship at the college level.

It was Eichorst who notified Riley in late January of a one-year contract extension, even after NU lost four of the final six games of 2016. Yet Eichorst failed to publicize it. The World-Herald uncovered it last week — two days after a loss to Oregon in which NU trailed by four touchdowns at halftime — creating widespread debate.

It was Eichorst who, midway through last week when future Big Ten schedules were announced, said Nebraska had no problem getting away from playing in the high-value “Black Friday” time slot.

It was Eichorst, who sources said got a kick in the pants from a higher power, who suddenly appeared before reporters the next day and backtracked on the issue following heavy criticism of his tone-deafness to Nebraska’s nearly 30-year tradition playing on that date.

Riley, now 16-13 at NU (a .551 winning percentage), is having a hard enough time winning without his own boss generating five days of needless distraction before a game.

A strong perception among NU athletic department employees interviewed this spring and summer is that Eichorst, who was hired in October 2012, is feeling heat for the department’s lackluster results in the Big Ten standings of all sports.

In mid-August, University of Nebraska-Lincoln Chancellor Ronnie Green recommended Eichorst and Riley for one-year contract extensions. NU system President Hank Bounds tabled that, saying he would revisit the issue in December.

OWH