New book about Ozigbo

11 hours ago, C-4 said:

Eexactly what I thought. Has one bad play all game. Must have just been waiting all game to post that bit. Ozigbo is pretty clearly better than Wilbon.

oz  has played well, however gets winded after 2 long carries.  It shows that he was probably out of shape during fall camp and now is just getting close to where he should be.  There is a reason that he is the 3rd back..... Can that change - it sure can however it is on his shoulders not the staff.

6 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

oz  has played well, however gets winded after 2 long carries.  It shows that he was probably out of shape during fall camp and now is just getting close to where he should be.  There is a reason that he is the 3rd back..... Can that change - it sure can however it is on his shoulders not the staff.

Not buying it. You don't get the most carries on the team two straight games in a row if you have that bad of conditioning. Yes, there is a reason he is third on the depth chart, but it has nothing to do with conditioning. It's because Wilbon fits the role of their offense better - similar to Newby. He's a quick back who, in theory, should be good in the receiving game. Oz is a power back. We could have a young Earl Campbell back there and Riley would still play Wilbon over him because he over emphasized scheme fit.

I think both Wilbon and Oz should be getting touches even if Tre comes back. Who is better than who, who cares? They are clearly pretty equal but quite different in style. They both have a role, injuries happen all of the time and I'm glad we have both of them on the team.

Bradley hasn't broken away yet bet I'm glad he is getting touches as well and I suspect we may need to lean on him more as the season wears on.

Not hard to get nicked up being a BIG running back, it's good to have multiple guys  you can trust in big situations. 

I'm willing to bet if you asked the defense which back they would want to tackle their answer wouldn't be OZ.  I don't think we really Have a break away back so if I'm gonna play someone it's gonna be the guy who makes Dbs and lbs creep up and think about the hit they are going to have to make to bring him down.  It helps the passing game as well