6 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I went to Canes about three weeks ago for the first time in probably a year or two. Same thing - line was backed into the street. Tasted kind of the same as it always had, too.

IMO, Canes is OK fried fast food at a reasonably low price with a pretty tasty sauce. Definitely not worth obsessing over like some people do, but taken at face value, it 100% makes sense as to why it's so popular. I've never understood the overt infatuation or the dislike. It's chicken strips and carbs. I don't think they make themselves out to be anything other than what they are.

I haven't had any of those yet but a buddy of mine said the McD's ones are pretty good. I think the last "new" one I tried was Popeye's chicken sandwich and since then I've probably had fast food only a handful of times.

Here's a little info on Taco Bell's Crispy Chicken Sandwich Taco (is a taco a sandwich?)

The centerpiece of the taco—or, erm, "sandwich"—is the chain's new Crispy Tortilla Chicken, which features white-meat chicken marinated in jalapeño buttermilk, Mexican-inspired spices, and a crunchy crust made with tortilla chip crumbs (think fried chicken tenders, but Taco Bell-style). Beyond that, things get a little weird... The chicken comes served in a "puffy bread" that's shaped like a taco. It ends up looking kind of like a cross between a Chalupa and a pork bun. Finally, each one is topped with creamy chipotle sauce and a spicy version sports jalapeño slices for extra heat.

https://www.thrillist.com/news/nation/taco-bell-fried-chicken-sandwich-tacos-new-menu-item

6 minutes ago, GSG said:

Yeah it looks like something you make when you're drunk and you only have one bun left in the kitchen 

As someone who used to shovel Taco Bell into their mouth on a weekly basis, I can say with the utmost love and affection that most of their food looks like it was made by a drunk person at 3 a.m. with very few ingredients.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

There's a gas station near where I work with a mini mart.  They sell various deep fat fried chicken parts.  I stop by every month or so and pick up a pound of chicken gizzards.  Mmmmmmm.  Chicken gizzards!    

• Plus1 2