Orlando Sentinel with an Interesting article on Scott Frost and the Husker job

"Nebraska is simply not the program it once was when Osborne and Osborne’s legendary predecessor — Bob Devaney — were stalking the sidelines and steamrolling the competition with their I-formation and triple-option offenses. If the Nebraska job were such a great job then why are the last three coaches hired named Bill Callahan, Bo Pelini and Mike Riley? This sounds like a pool of candidates for NC State, not Nebraska. "

Orlando Sentinel full Article Here

Momma might be calling, Scott.

• Plus1 1

Says every coach in sports....up until he takes a new job.

Remember when the Oregon job opened up last year and the natural assumption was that Frost — the Ducks’ former offensive coordinator — would become a candidate? He quickly pulled himself out of contention because, as he said, “UCF is where I want to be. When you recruit kids to come play for you and you agree to do something for a program; when you give your word to people, I think it's your responsibility to see those things through. I started something here and I want to see it through.”

This article is nothing more than a local UCF sports writer writing something trying to convince Frost to stay.

• Plus1 8

And...let's not act like recruiting to UCF is some amazingly easy thing to do.  Yes, he doesn't have to travel far to visit players.  But, they are currently ranked 63rd with 15 recruits.  So.....it's not like he is going after the same type of players Florida, FSU and Miami are going after.

UCF's average player rating is 83.62

Nebraska is sitting with 10 players with an average of 89.41

Nebraska has a total of two players below UCF's average rating.....and one of those is a kicker.

• Plus1 2

18 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Says every coach in sports....up until he takes a new job.

This article is nothing more than a local UCF sports writer writing something trying to convince Frost to stay.

I'm sure everyone understands that, even the 4 comments on the article state that the money alone would be enough for him to take the job.  We know it, and they know it.

• Plus1 1

I said in another thread earlier this week.  I'm not convinced that Frost is the answer to our problems.  People who key in on him and claim we NEED to get him, are ignoring a lot of other possibilities (for which I have no names to throw out because I don't follow such things).

My guess is though that either Nebraska is is dream job...or he has absolutely no desire to come back.  I really don't see it being anywhere in between.  If he doesn't want to come back...so be it and we need to have a much broader scope of coaches we look at.

As much as many of us would like to have Frost come for the 'emotional' side of it, I too, like BRB, Fru and Knapp, wish he was more seasoned as a HC. Therefore we have to bring on the best possible hire now, not what 'might' be the guy with the best potential.  As Knapp said - we don't know if he is at his ceiling now or if there is a lot of great potential still to be revealed.  With the last 3 hires, we failed to get the best possible coach - we settled for less. NU deserves more.  Time to hire the best available right now without being delusional - thinking we could get Sabin or even Stoops.  (sure I'd take them if they wanted to come - but I don't think there is any 'want' there)

24 minutes ago, knapplc said:
Couple of things from that column about Frost:

"After all, there's a reason Nebraska hasn't won a conference title in nearly 20 years."

OK, what's that reason? Without diagnosing the reason, this is just hot air. If you know what ails Nebraska, out with it, Mr. Sportswriter. We could sure use a diagnosis so we can start fixing our ills.

"If he does that then he could leave UCF for a much better job than Nebraska."

What "much better job?" One that pays more? We have pockets as deep as anyone.

One with better facilities? There aren't ten schools better set up than Nebraska.

One with a more on-board fan base? Not gonna find that.

One with easier expectations? See, the trick about being a hot-commodity coach is, you're going to be expected to win wherever you go. If you're taking a "better" job than Nebraska the pressure to win won't be any less, and the consequences of failing to live up to expectations won't be any different.

Nebraska is a sleeping giant. As Eichorst & Riley both said after the NIU debacle, we have everything we need to succeed right here, right now. A competent coach could come in and right this ship very quickly.

I'm not sure if the writer is saying Frost isn't that coach, or if he's saying Nebraska isn't going to be easy to fix. If the former, maybe he's right, but that's about Frost, not Nebraska. If it's the latter, he's wrong, and all of college football will find that out when we get the right staff in here.

Amen. I'll never stop believing that this giant will awaken one day.

If he's his own man he'll want to be a leader and not try to follow in predecessor's footsteps. 

Build a winner at UCF, win some conference championships, big bowl games, and he's their programs coaching legend and the measure all future coaches would be held up against.

Or, come here and constantly be measured against coaches from a different era under different circumstances and play a much tougher schedule.