***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

Seems suprised that a coach gets paid over $5 million???? Agood AD is not going to come cheap. And his new football coach should not come cheap either. We need top tier on both AD & HC. Only way to become prominate again. Chancellor Green made it sound that now is the time to pay for our new, better, greater direction...

I guess I don't get the hype of a national search that will undoubtedly end up bringing someone in with no Nebraska ties who will then most likely hire a coach with no Nebraska ties.  Haven't we already done this twice now with bad results?  It's time to bring in an AD and HC that are former Huskers who understand the traditions, mentality, and life of being a student-athlete in Nebraska and can connect to all of us crazy-diehard-fans.  Just my 2 cents.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Chumpy34 said:

I guess I don't get the hype of a national search that will undoubtedly end up bringing someone in with no Nebraska ties who will then most likely hire a coach with no Nebraska ties.  Haven't we already done this twice now with bad results?  It's time to bring in an AD and HC that are former Huskers who understand the traditions, mentality, and life of being a student-athlete in Nebraska and can connect to all of us crazy-diehard-fans.  Just my 2 cents.

As I saw someone on Twitter put it, Nebraska ties are the icing but they should not be the cake.

• Plus1 3

35 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Love Hank and Ronnie are hiring a search firm.  Leads me to believe it will be a true national search and not just Trev.

Do you know which firm they hired?  There is a dynamite firm right in our backyard (Nebraska) that provided PJ Flick for Minnesota.  I would love to see that firm get the nod.

2 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Do you know which firm they hired?  There is a dynamite firm right in our backyard (Nebraska) that provided PJ Flick for Minnesota.  I would love to see that firm get the nod.

I also like the use of a search firm, but sometimes I wonder how much work they actually do.  I have heard that they are usually used to make initial contact to the AD/Coach/or their agent, and they also may be used as a place to do the interviews.  I just take the term "using a national search firm" with a grain of salt.

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I also like the use of a search firm, but sometimes I wonder how much work they actually do.  I have heard that they are usually used to make initial contact to the AD/Coach/or their agent, and they also may be used as a place to do the interviews.  I just take the term "using a national search firm" with a grain of salt.

I have some inside info on how this works:

Basically, everyone on the team does their own research. Then they each write a name down on a slip of paper. Then all the slips are put into a hat. Next, they have someone draw a name out of the hat (usually nose goes). Boom! There's your new AD/Coach/etc

• Plus1 1

Maybe this has been said already, but........Winning at a Texas based school, where you have more athletes per square mile than any other state is not that hard.  You should have top notch programs in every sport.  I will admit TCU has made some real progress in all areas, but they had a good football team with out the current AD.  Undefeated seasons, big time players, etc.  Gary Patterson is one hell of a coach.