***Nebraska Athletic Director Search Megathread***

Enhance

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That's more than he did with the last one. I wasokay with that decisiond although in hindsight... maybe they should've asked his opinion.

Yeah it's hard to say.  One could argue that he (after he stepped down) handed the program over to Solich and hired Bo and look how both of those decisions turned out.  Ultimately it won't be him making the decision.  

Just now, suh_fan93 said:

Yeah it's hard to say.  One could argue that he handed the program over to Solich and hired Bo and look how both of those decisions turned out.  Ultimately it won't be him making the decision.  

Even now it's hard for me to question those decisions. I think in '97 most of us would've said we should make an inside hire.

And I don't think Bo was bad. He just wasn't good enough. He kinda did what we needed him to do, then stayed here for too long.

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

Even now it's hard for me to question those decisions. I think in '97 most of us would've said we should make an inside hire.

And I don't think Bo was bad. He just wasn't good enough. He kinda did what we needed him to do, then stayed here for too long.

I think that's a kind description but I can see your point.  He never had a losing record.  Won around 9 games per year.  Never moved the program forward however and then there were his antics.  

5 hours ago, Red Five said:

This is a GREAT article from Bruce Feldman from August ranking ADs and what are their most important job responsibilities.  If we can get any of these guys consider ourselves lucky

Who's the Best Athletic Director in the Country

Interesting that the ADs say the most important part of the job is culture building. 

Nebraska has had a special culture that Pederson and Eichorst did not know/fit with.  I do like the idea of Alberts or Rimington because they know what Nebraska culture is and should be.