2020 PF Ben Carlson [Wisconsin Commit]

Player: Ben Carlson

Hometown: Saint Paul, MN

School: East Ridge

AAU: D1 Minnesota

Position: Power Forward

Height: 6'9

Weight: 205

Offers: Nebraska, Creighton, Stanford, Creighton, Iowa State, Davidson, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Purdue

Visits: 9/16/17 (UV) 8/17/18 (UV)

Twitter: @bencarlson23 

247 Composite: #71 OVR, #11 PF, :star:star:star:star .9703

Rivals: 
247: #60 OVR, #10 PF :star:star:star:star
Scout: 
ESPN: 

Highlights:

• Plus1 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.omaha.com/sports/plus/minnesota-four-star-ben-carlson-has-creighton-and-nebraska-high/article_695c0020-cbdc-5fda-83eb-cfe36b1f2bad.html

Nebraska and Creighton are two of the nine schools to offer Carlson. Several others come from the Big Ten — Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin — and Carlson also has offers from Stanford, Iowa State and Davidson.

Husker assistant Jim Molinari is the lead recruiter on Carlson, and head coach Tim Miles has built a relationship with him as well. Carlson took an unofficial visit to Nebraska last fall and likes the direction of the program.

“I went there in September last year for a football game, and they have really nice facilities,” the top-50 recruit said. “The basketball is getting a lot better too, and I really like Coach Miles.”

The Nebraska coaches believe Carlson can fit a role similar to that of current Husker Isaiah Roby.

“Most schools see me as a small forward or stretch power forward, but the game is so position-less now you have to play everything pretty much."

Creighton and Nebraska will likely get an unofficial visit from Carlson in August.

“My sister has a volleyball tournament in Omaha in the middle of August, and I will probably visit Nebraska again and Creighton then,” Carlson said.

Carlson isn’t looking to make a decision on his future anytime soon, but he knows what he's looking for in a college program.

“A team that shares the ball a lot and plays really well as a team will be important to me,” Carlson said. “My team (D1 Minnesota) does that now and I really like playing on a team that does that.”

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Mavric changed the title to 2020 PF Ben Carlson [Wisconsin Commit]