Riley is still our coach

Nebfanatic

2 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

It is too late for that.  If you can't see by now this isn't the guy then I almost feel bad for you.  Because this coach is gonna keep dropping 6-7 win seasons on your head.  How long will you put up with it?  When the fans stop coming?  When the recruits stop coming?  What will make you see?  This is not the guy.

BTW the firing of the AD means Riley is already gone.  They just don't want to do it this early.  But it is a done deal.

I love how you bring up the importance of recruiting and then just a breath later make statements you do not know to be true and that directly undermine recruiting efforts. 

If that's how someone "who cares" about the program acts, who needs enemies.

• Plus1 1

20 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

I love how you bring up the importance of recruiting and then just a breath later make statements you do not know to be true and that directly undermine recruiting efforts. 

If that's how someone "who cares" about the program acts, who needs enemies.

OMG.  Well, Sunday is not the time for this anyway.  

35 minutes ago, dvdcrr said:

I'm sorry, but this is not about me.

Mike Riley has done more to undermine Husker Football through laziness, apathy, and ineptitude than I ever could.  He has failed to ensure that excellence is maintained in this program.  That is evident.  If you cannot see that, well you probably do not understand why Eichorst was fired as well.  Riley is gone.  The simple fact is it takes time to get a good AD in place who might help find the right successor, and it takes time to evaluate HC possibilities.  But you need to understand Riley has been a failure at Nebraska, and his days are numbered.

1-0 in conference and getting there minus 8 or 9 starters, maybe more I've lost count.  Defense going in right direction.  Improved recruiting.  Players giving great effort which is always the best sign of good coaching.  Experience, learning, and corrections take time, so when you see players giving great effort it's obvious the improvements will come.  Take a deep breath, sit back, and enjoy the ride.  This team is getting better each week and lot's of backups are getting game experience in the process.   

2 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

1-0 in conference and getting there minus 8 or 9 starters, maybe more I've lost count.  Defense going in right direction.  Improved recruiting.  Players giving great effort which is always the best sign of good coaching.  Experience, learning, and corrections take time, so when you see players giving great effort it's obvious the improvements will come.  Take a deep breath, sit back, and enjoy the ride.  This team is getting better each week and lot's of backups are getting game experience in the process.   

This can't be a serious post, can it?  Rutgers is the worst team we will play all season and we BARELY got past them at home.  I don't see how you can feel the entire team is getting better.  I guess you didn't watch the game yesterday...

• Plus1 8
9 minutes ago, LaunchCode said:

Hey man, I appreciate the optimism, respect your thoughts, have a great Sunday!

• Plus1 3

I find it almost aggravating that so many are thinking that Riley has a shot at keeping his job still!  Reality is we fired an AD in September.  We will be firing a Head Coach come November and hiring a new staff come December.  Its the timeline of this program.  It is what Bounds and Green didn't say that suggest this is coming.  If they even had 1% faith in the football program, Eichorst wouldn't have been fired already.  That rock you have been under for all these years must have been one heavy of a SOB!

5 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Your constant negativity on this board MAKES it about you. 

You've done more on this board to undermine Husker football through your posts than MR could ever do as a coach.

In closing, your posts bring nothing to the conversation that add any value whatsoever.  Your posts are negative and do more to bring a negative connotation to the players, to the program, and to all that Husker football stands for.

Your posts sir, are nothing short of excrement.

I 100% agree with this. People posting on message boards are the reason for this teams fall. If it wasn't for people being so damn negative after Arkansas state game we would be 4-0 now. You damn negative people should be ashamed of yourselves. 

• Plus1 6